Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Help!

I was hoping I could get some help from this post on some good, healthy, easy meals to feed Ethan. This kid eats a ton and I feel like I feed him the same things everyday ( veggies, fruit, pasta, sandwich, rice, lots of carbs-yikes!). I want him to have a wide variety of things to eat but I am running out of ideas! If you could, please just let me know what some of your favorite healthy foods are to feed the kids I would appreciate it so much! Most days he is not too picky of a eater, so give us your best shot! I figured maybe this post could help out more than just one of us, maybe you can get ideas from other people's comments as well! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimi Lark has discovered DIPPING so if I give her anything to dip w/she loves it! She actually likes to walk around with baby carrots and celery sticks as well (I like them b/c no mess!)

jeff and alli said...

Rees is a huge soup fan, so he gets a lot of that, with baby cereal mixed in to thicken it up, so I have a little bit less of a mess. Anyhow, my favorite soup is cooking veggies and blending them up, easy, good and healthy. But he also likes plain Campbells tomato soup.

Also, lentils, healthy, easy, and cheap. I think they are great with rice and some seasoning, a lot of people like them with some bacon or sausage.

Lastly, any kind of beans. He likes quesadillas with mostly beans, some rice and cheese. Those are easy because you can add whatever veggies you have on hand. He adores plain old refried beans. I usually add rice to made a complete protein. Burritos, tacos...all easy. We often cook a pot of dried beans and use them during the week.

If you want specific recipes of dishes I feed Rees, let me know, and I can email them to you. If I have your email. And to be honest, I feed him a ton of the leftovers that I don't want to eat. :)

Breanne King said...

I'm sorry, I haven't forgotten the recipe you asked for! But to tell you the truth, I really didn't like it too much, so I didn't keep it. This girl made it once and I loved it so much more, so I asked her for it but she hasn't emailed it to me to get to you, because I swear that ones better! Until then, if you just type in "better than sex cake" on google I'm sure you'll find tons of other recipes which will be just as good as mine, or probably better!

Sabrina said...

Well, this has already been mentioned, but bean burritos are a favorite in our house, probably because I could eat them everyday. Mostly, I just put some black beans on a tortilla with a little shredded cheese and microwave it. Super simple, but Adie eats it right up. I also keep frozen mixed veggies in the freezer and heat them up to go with lunches. I usually feed those to her first because she's less likely to eat them once she's got all the other stuff on her plate. Hope this helps!

Jamie said...

Bryson loves homemade chicken nuggets. I cube chicken, dredge it in low fat sour cream, and then coat it in Ritz cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or so at 400 degrees. It's not health food, but it certainly is worlds better than the pre-packaged frozen variety.

Good luck!

beloved30 said...

I found a blog I plan to use that had alot of tips for food for kids. It's called http://www.macaroniandpeas.com/ it has lots of good creative stuff in it.