Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bye- Bye Binky!

We are officially binky free in our house! I wasnt in a big hurry to force Ethan to give up the binky... but I had to. We only came to Mexico with two binkies of the only kind Ethan likes and we ended up losing both of them. Turns out they dont sell the Soothie binkies here in Mexico....When the last binky remaining vanished I was a little worried and thought he was going to have a serious melt-down. It was around bed time and so I laid him down without it and he fell peacefully asleep without a single cry! I was shocked! I thought maybe it was just a fluke but he has had no trouble falling asleep without it ever since and its been almost a week! I think it helped that he only had the binky during naps and bedtime. So anyways, I know that not all of our children will be that easy so we feel pretty lucky that it went so smoothly for this one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hear that step can be a tricky one. Way to go little one!

Karen said...

We are binky free too!! We went a little longer with the binky with our Ethan. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks and he's done pretty well. I was worried that it was going to be terrible, but it really wasn't too bad. Something that has to be done, and maybe they know it too!

Ashley said...

I am impressed, Molly still has her binky and has no thoughts of letting it go either. Maggie was easy to get off the binky, but Molly that is another story. Be grateful that he was an easy one.

Anonymous said...

Great posts! Regarding the binky, my friend absolutly raved about the cut method, and the psychology behind it. She emailed me a link to a site that has a free publication (supported by advertisements). Very cool stuff, worked like a charm for me as well; wouldn't do it any other way. The link is www.bye-bye-binky.com for anyone who is interrested. If you do, let me know your thoughts… Bella