While I'm on a blogging role tonight, I might as well post about my trip to Arkansas for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary party.
We came back from China and I flew out the next week. I think between DisneyWorld, China, and Arkansas, we were home for a total of like maybe 2 weeks in the month of May!
It was so weird leaving Justin home with the kids and traveling by myself. I kept feeling like I was missing somebody but in all honesty, it was SO nice to only have a carry on suitcase and a small purse to travel with!!! It's a life changing experience to not have a back breaking diaper bag to haul around :) Oh and I read a whole book while I was gone! Loved it!!
Even though I missed not having my family with me, it was so great to chat and catch up with family that I haven't seen for a long time. I felt like I could actually help out with making meals instead of making sure my kiddos aren't destroying anything!
David (my uncle, married to my dad's sister) is really good at blacksmithing stuff. I think I just made up a new word....and I think it's getting late and I'm too tired to think of the correct way to say it :)
He made me a recipe hook hanger and he had a crowd watching him do it...
My one and only nephew, Payton, was so cute flirting with Miss Presley (Cortney's little girl) while us cousins were at Silver Dollar City.
This is my cousin Cortney and her husband, Derek.
We rode the new ride, The Outlaw, while we were there and that is one fun roller coaster ! I think it is the fastest wooden roller coaster and it is non-stop fun from that first huge drop! I won't even mention though how my chicken brother refused to go on it ;)
After a few days of hanging out with the family, Saturday came and the big party commenced.
There was lots of yummy food, kids, and plenty of good conversation!
They surprised grandma and grandpa with a beautiful cake, a photo book with all of their posterity's pictures, and a movie of their life together. Grandma was a ball of tears the whole time. She has such a sweet and tender heart.
Cortney did such a wonderful job of putting the book together for them and Chad and Jessica made an awesome imovie for them. I'm sure G&G watch it all the time!!
My grandma and grandpa are some of the most special people I know and I hold them very dear to my heart. They are so kind and thoughtful and are always concerned about how they can help out someone. They have given me so many fond childhood memories with walks in the park, McDonalds happy meals, Friday night pizza sleep-overs with a movie, shopping at Sams Club and I could always count on these two to be at everyone of my sports games. I always loved looking over near the stands and seeing them sitting in their own fold out chairs cheering me on. I grew up with them and feel very grateful that I had the privilege of having these two amazing people help shape me into the person I am today. I love you two SO much!!!
It was so fun chatting and catching up with these beautiful cousins of mine. Cortney on the left & Danielle in the middle. I'm sad that my camera took a blurry picture!
Here is G&G with their children: left to right- Kathy, Donna, Eldon and Greg (my papasito).
Just the siblings
Meanwhile, back at home....
Ok, I just have to comment about Ethan's outfit.... you can definitely tell that mommy didn't dress him. That shirt is way too short for him, those pants have holes all in the knees, and those are his nice dress shoes. Awesome, right? :)
Ethan had to go get stitches! I think the last time I left Justin with all 3 kids, Ethan ended up in the ER with a broken arm! This definitely doesn't look good for you Justin :)
I'm just kidding, Justin is a wonderful father... our kids just have bad timing.
Apparently, Ethan was using my aerobic step as a jumping platform and slipped off hitting his head on Ellie's little rocking chair. It created quite a nice gash that Justin just couldn't super glue back together. Ethan was a trooper and thoroughly enjoyed that purple popsicle, I'm sure.
They also did fun things like go to Chuckee Cheese with Jordan and Chalene!
And of course when I got back home, Mason was mad at me again for leaving him and wanted nothing to do with me for a little while.
This is him starting to cry...
Fully crying...
And then reaching for his daddy to save him from me.
So sad!! Oh well, he still loves me and prefers me over everyone else so I think he has forgiven me.
It was so wonderful to be with my family again and to celebrate 2 very special people!! I can't wait to go back home for Thanksgiving and see everyone again!









.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
I miss your grandparents, Ash! That's so great you got to go (and with no kids is a super bonus, haha).
Miss and love you!
I miss your grandparents, Ash! That's so great you got to go (and with no kids is a super bonus, haha).
Miss and love you!!!
Post a Comment