Once up a time, before our ward split back in May, we had 8am church. Yes, 8 o'clock in the blessed am.... As hard as that was with a baby that was still loving his morning naps, it did have a benefit of leaving us that whole rest of the day to hang out and do things together as a family. Church was over a by 11am, and that was so nice! We kinda started a tradition of baking with the kids every Sunday afternoon. Mom Smith bought Ethan a huge box of baking mixes for Christmas, which Ethan unfortunately thought was a lame gift at the time, but I thought it was a wonderful gift!! I will always have sweet memories of baking with these two cuties!
Baking mixes are the best with kids helping out. They can seriously do everything and they feel so proud of themselves. Not only that, but there is hardly any clean up!
Ellie's favorite part is licking the beaters, of course!
Mom Smith actually started the idea by making something with Ethan every Sunday evening when we would go over for dinner. I guess stole the idea and took it back to my house :)
Did I mention that Ellie's favorite part is licking the beaters?? Here's another picture to prove it!
Unfortunately, we now have 12pm church which means I haven't made time in the mornings to continue on our tradition. I think I still need to make time for it though...I love those memories!!







No comments:
Post a Comment