This awesome couples retreat actually happened the weekend before I left for Arkansas, I just totally forgot to blog about it before I posted the AR trip.
Scott and Janelle Douglas, a fun couple in our ward, had a couples retreat at their parents cabin over in Vernon, AZ located right on the New Mexico border. It was a blast! We had about 7 couples come and it was so fun to talk to adults without kids, stay up way too late talking and playing games, and eat way too good of food!
Once all the couples arrived, we ate a yummy lasagna meal and played sardines outside in the dark. It was super fun. Then we all piled in the back of Janelle's dad's truck and went spotlighting for deer. I almost felt like we were back in high school again, which I think is good for your soul every once in awhile :)
Like I said, that night we stayed up way too late playing games and talking, but we were able to sleep in the next morning and wake up to a yummy cabin breakfast.
Later, we took a drive up the mountain to a beautiful look out to where you could see into New Mexico. It was so pretty!
From left to right: The Thaynes, The Robisons, The Douglas', The Garlicks, Us, The Thurstons, & The Frosts.
Such a fun group! And such a pretty view!
It actually started snowing while we were up there. See, not everywhere in AZ is hot and desert like!
We came down from the mountain and found a beautiful grove to eat some lunch and play a friendly game of softball. I was totally surprised at the athleticism of the ladies! We gave those guys a good run for their money!!
It was a short trip but I was so glad we went and were able to bond and get to know some of our neighbors better. Huge thanks to the Douglas' for knowing how to throw a party :)



1 comment:
now I want to host something like this somehow! so cool.
Post a Comment