Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trip to the Farm!

I love living where we do. Why you ask? A) It's beautiful weather most of the year B) Because it is beautiful weather, we can go on fun outings and have lots of outside play dates and C) We live in a more rural area where a trip to the farm is just a few minute drive!

A group of us moms decided to get together and take our kiddos to a nearby farm for "dollar day" and we all had so much fun! The kids were able to feed and pet the animals in the petting zoo although Ethan was very cautious at first...
So cautious in fact, that he used his cup to feed them instead of his hand...such a funny boy.

Luckily one of the farmers didn't give him a choice and dumped feed in his hand and shoved it up to the goat. After a minute of shock, Ethan liked how it tickled.
By the way, all the animals here(except the thousands of dairy cows) are rescued animals. I thought that was pretty neat!

I think he enjoyed brushing them more than feeding them and spent most of his time doing so. He would go from pet to pet brushing them and talking to them. It was really cute!
They also had fun hay-bells set up for the kiddos to jump off of into the cotton in the middle. The kids loved it!
We went on a very cool hayride around the farm and looked at all the dairy cows. The tour guide was great and made it interesting for both kids and adults. After the tour we headed back to the barn and had some yummy milk made right from the farm!

Ethan loved petting this super soft bunny. I just wanted to take it home!
I must admit that I was quite surprised that he held the chicken!
And of course his tractor radar picked up on this beauty hiding in the barn and he just had to ride it!

It was such a fun excursion and we will most definitely be heading back here before it gets to hot!

No comments: