For the past week we have been pretty sick around here! Justin and I can't quite seem to get over this cold that we have had for a few weeks, and poor little Ellie had a nasty ear infection.
Doesn't she look pitiful? Breaks my heart!

She started running a fever last Friday with the highest being 103 but it was consistently 102. She was absolutely miserable. I thought she had a viral infection and I didn't want to bring her into the doctor only to have them say, "Sorry, there is nothing we can do. Just keep her on Tylenol for the fever," which is what I was doing anyways. Well, after 5 days of fever ( I know, I know. I already feel like a horrible mother), I took her into the doctors office and the doctor took a quick look in her ear and said, "Oh wow. Umm.. yep. That is a pretty nasty ear infection. Full of puss." and then she preceded to give me instructions of what to do if her ear drum ruptures. Awesome.
When Ethan had an ear infection, he would try to rip his ear off so I always knew what his sickness was caused from but sweet Ellie never touched her ears.
So we started her on some antibiotics and she immediately was back to her old self. She caught up on some much needed sleep since she didn't do much of it those past 5 days....
What a little trooper. Next time I won't wait so long to bring her in... my lesson is learned :)
And then to top off the week, Ethan and I shared a berry smoothie from Costco this last Friday and spent the next 8 hours throwing it and everything else we had eaten up. Poor Ethan threw up all in my car, on the road, the carpet, and then he learned to make it to the toilet or a bucket in time. We were both miserable. Justin was so great for taking care of us and Ellie. Even though it has been 48 hours, Ethan's appetite still isn't quite back and hasn't eaten much.. I don't blame him :) I would never EVER wish food poisoning on anyone! And no, this isn't the first time I've had it.
So anyways, we are heading back home to Texas on Tuesday and then we are off to Peru on Saturday! Here's to hoping we have a much healthier week than last!
3 comments:
I empathize with you! We've been sick too, and it's no fun!
that totally stinks! So sorry! love all the pictures of the kids. Dead mix of the two I would say . Very Very hard to say!
How sad!!! I hate it when West is sick--and it makes it worse when you are sick yourself. Glad you are all feeling better!
Post a Comment