Poor Ethan used to always get in trouble if I heard Ellie scream but I have learned that Ellie is a sly one. She is bit sensitive and aggressive and pretty much screams if Ethan is even close to her and not even bothering her. If he is within her vicinity and she is playing with a toy, she will yell and wave her hand from side to side trying to hit him out of the way. How do you teach a 10 month old not to hit? Who knows! Luckily Ethan is learning that Ellie is a baby and doesn't understand the "sharing rules" and just wants to check out all of his cool toys, but it's still hard for him- who can blame him? He is trying so hard to be a good brother and I really appreciate that. Anyways, I'm sure that it will get better once Ellie is older. Maybe?
Just for kicks here are the first pictures I have ever taken of these two taking a bath together. Sad, I know.
They both LOVE their baths! When it's bath time, we most definitely have 2 happy kiddos in the Smith home :)
7 comments:
I can't believe it starts so early... Ellie is a smart one!
Bath time is so fun, huh? I can't wait for Emerson to have a bath buddy soon ;)
Ah, sibling rivalry. I thought we had it because it was all girls here, but that makes me feel better. I'm sure you are handling it well. :)
haha - without a dress, pink, or a bow - she looks just like ethan. Oh - sibling rivalry, we know it well here. One of my most important goals is for my children to love each other and respect each other. We try to get the older one excited about the baby "learning" to be a big boy (or girl) like them. And it is the big brothers job to help teach them. Often times i will hear from the other room "Megan we take turns - I play, then you play" - I will come in to see what is going on and Brock will say, very happily "Megan took my toy, but its ok becasue she is learning and I am teaching her." Melts my heart.
Oh its bad over here too!! Been horrible for a while.....I'm hearing screaming ever day all day from both!! Cason has annoying little brother down to a T
Yes, Yes AND YES! I can relate a million times to that. My kids are the same. rivalry, the sly younger sister, the yelling and crying, (my little one has learned how to bite though.... yikes!) And bath time is my relief. As long as Parker stays on his side and doesn't try to bathe/drown the baby. Ha Ha, I'm sure you know what I mean!
After dinner Rees says in a very excited, kind of game show voice, 'bath time for Rees & Isla!!!!' Sometimes I want to give them 4 baths, just because it is usually a pretty good time.
Oh so glad my 2nd child is not the only hitter. He seriously just HITS Bella when he gets mad,even when she did nothing! She usually does nothing. I have taught Bella though that he is a baby and doesn't understand and you can't get mad and that Mom and Dad will take care of it. I have also taught Bella that if she wants a toy Gaines has, she needs to have a toy to trade with him before just taking it. That has really helped and now when he does naughty things she doesn't even think twice and tries to actually help when he is crying or mad or whatever. Its so hard though! Good luck!
Post a Comment