I'm so glad to know that Ethan does infact have a soft and sensitive side to him... His future wife will appreciate that someday :)
Saturday, April 24, 2010
My Sweet Little Boy
The other night, as I was putting Ethan down for bed, I asked him what song he wanted to sing. His usual song choices are: Little Einstein's Theme Song or "Rocket" as he calls it, the airplane song (which is a song that one of his toy airplanes sings), and Soy Un Hijo De Dios which is I am a Child of God in Spanish. But this time Ethan kept saying that he wanted to sing the night-night song. I really had no idea what song he was referring to so I started singing the song "Lullaby and Goodnight." As I was singing it, I saw the corners of his mouth turn down into a frown and his little chin started quivering as big alligator tears welled up in his eyes. He then started softly crying. I stopped singing and asked him what was wrong and to not be sad ( honestly I was thinking that he was sad because he was having to go to sleep) but he sweetly looked at me with those big eyes and long eyelashes catching his tears and said, "Mommy, I not sad. The song is soooo pretty." What? Did those sweet words just come out of my rambunctious 2 year olds mouth? I then started crying because I was so touched by how sensitive my little boy can be and we were just a big ball of tears hugging each other. I love tender moments like that and I just thought that that is something I should document before I forget about it.
I'm so glad to know that Ethan does infact have a soft and sensitive side to him... His future wife will appreciate that someday :)
I'm so glad to know that Ethan does infact have a soft and sensitive side to him... His future wife will appreciate that someday :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
So precious!
so sweet! :) Here I was thinking I was going to see him in a pic of those pink undyroos I had to send him home with :) LOL. ;)
Oh my goodness, I have never heard of a 2 year old boy doing something like that before. What a sweetheart!
That is so sweet. Carden can be so sensitive also but he doesn't say those words yet! Ohh but that is just sooo touching. I would have cried too.
wow. that is so adorable.
I thought kids were way older before they were touched like that! how sweet!
How adorable!
So so cute! Oh my goodness. :)
What a sweetheart! Just reading about it made me tear up. What a cute little boy.
That story made me tear up Ash. What a sweet spirit that little boy has. Ahhh...
so sweet Ashleigh!
what a cute boy! Thanks for stalking me down, I love to reconnect with friends. Your kids are so cute! congrats on number 2 she is a doll! Happy Mother's day! :)
Post a Comment