This game is Ethan's newest obsession. He could seriously play it for hours and when he isn't playing it he talks about playing it constantly!
It's actually quite a fun game. You have to try to keep the mechanically spinning airplane from taking your chickens down by hitting it and you can also attempt to hit other people's chickens. Ethan doesn't like to play how you are suppose to though. He LOVES putting it together, taking it back down again, putting it into the box, putting it back on the shelf, and them runs up to me to ask if he can play "Bu-duh, buh-duh airplane." Then repeats....mulitple times a day :) You might think that this would be a fun opportunity to play with my child but no, he doesn't want me to. I've tried!
He loves this game so much that we have to limit the amount of time he plays with it so he can want to go outside and be a normal child! But hey, there are worse things he could be obsessed about I guess. I have to tell him, "Ok Ethan. First we go to the park, go to Wal-mart, (or whatever) and THEN we play with Looping Louie... then he will gladly leave it. It's kind of nice though to have something to fall back on for punishments... He know that if he doesn't make good choices then he doesn't get to play the game. It works out quite nicely actually :) He has also been thanking Heavenly Father every night for it during his night prayers- so cute!
I just love this stage that he is going through. He seriously makes me laugh at the funny things he says. For example...
- Yesterday while watching general conference, President Packer was speaking and Ethan says.. "Look Mommy! It's Mr. Friederickson.. like UP!" For any of you who dont know who this character is just google him and you might see a striking resemblance (at least through a 2 year olds eyes :)
- Also during conference he got in trouble for doing something and had to go sit in time out. He wasn't happy about it even after we talked to him and so he stood in front of the TV with his arms folded angrily and points his cute little finger up at President Monson speaking and said
" No. Bad Choice President Monson... Bad Heavenly Father" and then stomped away.
That right there folks is why little children are not held accountable :)
- He also loves to sing songs and I'm pretty sure that we have to sing Little Einsteins opening song and Oh mr. sun, sun, Mr. golden sun many times a day.
- He is starting to compare objects to one another as well. Like the other day he ate all his grapes and looked at the empty stem and said " Look Mommy! It's like Randall from Monsters Inc!"- I personally was not ever aware that he has ever seen this movie so i was very impressed!
Anyways, he is in such a fun stage and I love the funny things he comes up with to say everyday. There are many more examples but I can't think of any more right now and this post is much longer than I intended. We sure love our little boy and can't believe how fast they grow up. Please, please, please stay my little boy for forever??
3 comments:
I now want to run out and buy that game!
Ash! I just saw your comment! I completely forgot about that song! Oh my goodness. TOTALLY blackmail! haha. I kinda want to see it (but kinda not). Remember that time when I thought I was home alone and I was belting out the national anthem and you came home and taped me without me knowing, only the tape didn't work?! That was always my worst fear with singing in the shower (apparently it didn't stop me though). Oh good times....
Oh, and Ethan's comments are hilarious! I love kids that age!
I remember Looping Louie from when I was younger. I can see it being a hit with Ethan (yours and mine!). I'll have to pull that out when we're at my mom's next.
Post a Comment