Here is Ethan and his good buddy Parker getting ready to load up on the Easter eggs...
Ethan found one spot where there was a ton of eggs and so he just stood there and picked up as many as he could around them... I guess this wasn't much of a "hunt" but he loved it!
He even got to meet the Easter Bunny
They had a petting zoo there and Ethan loved petting the goats and chasing the chickens around.
He was even brave enough to touch this massively huge albino python... seriously, this thing was enormous! I think they said it was 16ft long!
Ethan kept wanting to "pet" the head and showed absolutely no fear for the ginormous reptile. I however, was perfectly content keeping my distance and zooming in for the pictures. I refuse to touch a snake since the last time I did (I was like 10) the nasty thing decided to spray it's poop all over me... that was the first and last time for me to touch any kind of snake :)
This iguana was a rare breed from Haiti...
Ethan also had a blast jumping around....
and dancing to the beat of African music....
*side note*- He was terrified of that huge er... haystack?.. dancing in the background. Seriously, didn't they know that something like that could possibly give kids nightmares?!
But despite the scary looking dead grass, Ethan got up on stage, shook his little instrument, and danced along with all the other kids... he was SO cute up there!
But for Ethan, the highlight of the carnival was getting to explore the firetruck! They even gave him that cute little fireman's hat to wear. He loved it!
On Sunday (Easter) we dyed some Easter eggs...
and decorated them...
and then had fun playing Egg Wars. This is where you crash your eggs into each other and whoever's egg cracks loses.... Needless to say, this was our favorite part of the Easter egg decorating and will probably be a tradition from here on out.
Here is the aftermath.... Maybe we had a little too much fun :)
But we couldn't let those perfectly good hard-boiled eggs go to waste so we ate some egg salad sandwiches for lunch!
I just love this picture of Ethan... Isn't he a cutie?!
We had a wonderful Easter weekend spending time together as a family and watching General Conference. I love learning from our prophet and apostles. It was nice to spend a little time reflecting upon our Savior and his great sacrifice for us. We feel so blessed to be sealed together for time and all eternity and know that we have been greatly blessed with the children we have. We love life and couldn't be happier! :)
3 comments:
Haha yes are posts are like the exact same, except your son participated in all the activities and wasn't afraid! :) Too funny
Such cute pics Ash. I LOVE Ethan's fireman hat. What a babe!
How cute! I love the fun things we get to do with our kids now. That fireman hat was super cute too. Love that it had a chin strap to help it stay on. How fun!
Post a Comment