Friday, April 16, 2010

Our Eventful Afternoon...

True story... Ethan came running up the stairs screaming/dancing, "Mommy, I go potty, I go potty, I go potty!!!!" Of course I was busy nursing Ellie at this time (it seems as if he ALWAYS has to go potty when Im feeding her) and I asked him if he could wait until I was done feeding her. The poor kid was almost in tears screaming "I go potty!" and was about to pull his pants down right then and there. So I ran him to the bathroom set him up on the potty (all while still nursing poor Ellie I might add). He had diarrhea. I set mad Ellie down on the floor so I could wipe Ethan and while doing so, Ellie blew and I mean literally blew out of her diaper- she destroyed that thing and not to mention the clothes she had on and the bathroom rug she was lying on.

Ethan was about to jump off the potty with a still poopy bum and Ellie was mad as could be because she didn't get to finish eating. So I wiped Ethan and then ran Ellie to the changing table. Of course poop gets everywhere trying to take her onesie off and not to mention she is spitting up all over the place because she didnt get burped. I give her quick bath- she is still spitting up everywhere and put on some clothes thinking she couldnt possibly spit up anymore. Then she did, All over her cute little outfit....

Even with times like these, I still love being a mother... And I don't even mind getting spit up on, pooped on and wiping dirty bums :)

6 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

LOL. I think it is a blessing. She could have been sitting on YOUR lap when she had the blow out. It is much harder to clean up all 3 of you than just 2 and a rug. I KNOW! :)

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I always loved (well maybe loved is the wrong word but) trying to multitask while having a baby latched on! It always made me chuckle to myself AND feel like superwoman haha

Heather Dayton said...

Wow! I am getting super excited for fun situations just like this... :) Good for you for getting it all taken care of. At least you got Ethan to the toilet on time. :)

Unknown said...

haha good times being a mom- wouldn't trade for anything! :) Your little girl is gorgeous!!! I love the photos in the post below this one!

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow, good story!! That's something no one told is that they spit up more if you don't burp them often enough. I had to learn that one on my own :)

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

Oh, I love days like that! I think they should give new mothers a white flag or something to hang out your window when stuff like that happens. "I surrender!!!" But it sounds like you handled it perfectly and have now been officially initiated into the rank of SUPER MOM. Congrats. ha, ha!

Those pictures of Ellie in the las post are GORGEOUS!!! She is such a beauty. I need to hold her some more!