Tuesday, March 30, 2010

As of Lately...

Ok, so maybe I'm not doing too good at the whole keeping up on the blog with 2 kids thing but honestly when Ethan goes down for a nap and I have to choose between posting on here or sleep, sleep always wins....

Here are a few things that we have been up to as of lately..

A few days after Ellie was born, my parents made the LONG drive all the way across Texas, New Mexico, and through AZ to come meet their new granddaughter. It was so fun having them here and it was so nice that I didn't have to touch a dirty dish (thanks Mom!) We got together with the Smith's a few times and one of those times we drove up to a pretty lookout point in Tempe ( I forget the name of it). There was a really pretty view of the whole valley and the weather was perfect to take a little hike!

Everyone...



My dad is quite the handyman and so I always give my "honeydo" list to him when he comes out to visit :) Justin and him decided to take on the task of knocking out the wall in our hallway closet to open up TONS of storage area underneath the stairs. This is very much needed out here in AZ considering the garage is not the best place to store stuff when it is like 120 degrees outside...

Of course Ethan was a big er... helper? as well....

Dad taught Justin how to change oil in the car and they also put in a new AC system in my little Saturn... Turns out the compressor was out- no wonder why I just about DIED this last summer driving it :) Did i mention that I have leather seats in it as well which make it like 50 times hotter in there? Thank you Dad for fixing up our house/car! you are awesome!

Miss Ellie just keeps getting cuter and cuter everyday and is more alert and awake during the days. She only wakes up once to eat at night and sleeps from 9:30pm and wakes up at 3:30am to eat, then goes right back to sleep until around 7am... I can definitely function with that much sleep!

At her 2 week apt last week, she was
21.5 inches long
8lbs 1 oz
and I dont remember her head circumference, but it has grown too

I was surprised that she had grown 1.5 inches in only a week and a half! Way to go Ellie!

Although her jaundice is almost all gone, she still has to bask in the sunlight every once in awhile..

The other day in the car I saw this...

Doesn't that just melt your heart? He loves to hold her hand and give her kisses. Such a sweet brother...

Speaking of her big brother, check out how huge this kids mouth is!


Yes, he is wearing his cool swimming life vest. You'd be surprised what this kid finds to wear around the house!

That is one BIG mouth!

And here is a family picture from this last Sunday at the Smith home.. I just love these people... and I'm still trying to learn to love that dog of theirs :)


I know it's a random post but at least it is something, right?! We are happy, healthy, and are loving being a little family of 4- we are so blessed!

7 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

oh my gosh i LOVE the picture of ethan holding her hand!!! SOOOOO adorable!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Such great pictures! I love the hand holding! And yay for your Family visiting! You look so happy! Jake applied to school in phx so maybe we could be neighbors ha ha

Brittney said...

Oh, that pic of Ethan holding her hand is precious!!! I love it!

Heather Dayton said...

That is such a cute picture of them holding hands! It looks like you are doing a fabulous job of mothering 2! I am jealous of her sleep schedule. Taylor still won't sleep that well half of the nights. :) She really is such an adorable baby! You look really good too - are you feeling well?

Summer Naylor said...

I love that I found this through facebook... congrats on baby Ellie! Your children are precious. I love seeing friends doing so well. You can check out my blog attempts at bsnaylornotes.blogspot.com.

Crowley Family said...

Cute pictures! I especially love the one where Ethan is holding Ellie's hand, so cute!

Jamie said...

Oh that picture of the kiddos holding hands is too precious.

I am FINALLY responding to your comment about 'Love and Logic.' So, I never actually found time to read the book, but my friend let me borrow her Love and Logic audio cds. I have listened to them three times while cleaning, driving in the car, etc. I think they give some very helpful pointers that empower parents and make us feel like we are the ones in control. I would definitely recommend checking it out. Even if you only apply a few of their principles it would be helpful info. Good luck!

P.S. Thanks for your comment about Eliza's cuteness. That actually meant a lot to me. Not too many people have said that, so thanks! As for your children, BEAUTIFUL! That Ethan is such a handsome boy. Ellie is a doll and I can't wait to watch her grow up.