So we made it into Phoenix at about 4am on Friday and got a few hours of sleep before needing to be at the airport at 10am. Justin flew out to Salt Lake for Jake's wedding and Ethan and I flew to Houston for Alicia's wedding. My parents had no idea that we were coming and we had fun surprising them! I stayed with Alicia and all her sisters the night before she got married and we stayed up way too late talking about girl stuff. Ethan decided that he wanted to stay up too until 2 am that morning. By this time I was thoroughly exhausted and was excited to at least get a few more hours of sleep. Unfortunately about an hour after we fell asleep, Ethan had a night terror and screamed uncontrollably for 1/12 to 2 hours. Poor kid. Finally we both fell asleep an hour or so before we had to wake up again to get ready for the wedding.
I was lucky enough to attend the sealing in the same sealing room that Justin and I were married in. I love attending live sealings- it makes me realize how blessed we are that we have the opportunity to live with our families for forever- I think that that is a beautiful gift that Heavenly Father has given His children the opportunity to do! Anyways, I was so proud of Alicia! I have known her since kindergarten, played all of our sports together while growing up, and we were roommates for forever up at BYU. Needless to say we've been through it all! I feel like she is my sister ans am so happy for her!
On our way to the reception I had my friends drop me off at my home, and there surprised my parents. They were so surprised to see us on the doorstep! I showed up just in time for Hurricane Gustav to show up, but we didnt evacuate and luckily it didnt hit us. So I got to stay a few days with my family and they soaked up all the Ethan time they could! It was a great trip !
Alicia looked beautiful and glowed with happiness!
Alicia and Jeff- such a cute and happy couple!
My parents just recently bought this cute tractor to help with the yard work. Ethan loved to go for rides on it with gma and gpa! I think he actually thought he was driving the thing!
All the fun on the tractor just wore him out!
He loved playing with this little red wagon my parents got him. My parents also have like 5 kittens running around that Ethan loved to chase! I dont think they enjoyed the chase near as much as Ethan!
After we flew back to Phoenix, Justin and I shopped for 2 days straight to buy things for our apt. Contrary to what most people believe, it is actually very expensive to buy things in Mexico, especially with appliances, furniture, etc. So we stuffed as much stuff into our surburban as we could and drove back to Mexico. Our apt was suppose to be fininshed for sure a week ago, but when we showed up yesterday to move in, it wasnt quite ready- why am I not surprised!? They said we can for sure move in in a couple of days. And thus, here we are still in a hotel room, wearing dirty clothes, and still eating out! But dont worry about us, we think our situation is pretty funny and will someday make for a good memory to tell the kids. Right?
I might not have internet for awhile but when I do, Ill post some pics of our new place...
4 comments:
Sounds like you've had such a fun, adventurous summer with all your traveling, with definitely some great stories! I can't believe your place still isn't finished, crazy! Ethan is getting so big and as adorable as always!
I can't believe how much you have been traveling, are you ready to take it easy yet? :) The weddings sound nice, I love sealings as well, it makes me appreciate my marriage even more.
Yay for Alicia's wedding! And ethan looks so big!!
Wow! It sounds like you have had quite the excitement in your life lately. I'm glad I can check your blog to keep in touch. You are so naturally beautiful and nice, Ashleigh. I am excited to hear about all of your adventures, and I hope your apartment is done soon!
Post a Comment