Wednesday, September 17, 2008

14 Months

Ethan is 14 months old and I am so sad at how fast his little life is flying by! Well really it's just mixed emotions- I miss the newborn stages that he went through but I love the stage he is in now!
It's so entertaining to me to watch him: learn how to talk, eat with silverware, play with other kids, jump up and down, dance, gives hugs and kisses, help mommy clean ( and then make it messy again), read with mommy, pull my finger and direct my to wherever he wants to go or whatever he wants me to do, laugh at random times, learn how to play the piano ( or just bang on it) and so much more! He is such a joy in our lives and we love watching him grow and learn.
For any of you who have been around Ethan when he was younger would know that he was never much of a talker/babbler. It seems like just recently he has really become interested in mocking words that we say! it so cute to hear his little voice! His new words are: "mama"- yeah he's a little behind here, "na-na" ( banana), and "ookie" (cookie). He also understands "no!" and will run around shaking his head "no" a bit over dramatically sometimes :) Anyways, we love our little boy and hope that all of our kids can be as fun as he is!
I know that all of these pictures were taken on the same day but they are just too cute to not post!
He loves finding his hat and putting it on himself!
I think he is trying to say "Sup dawg" in this picture
He wasnt very happy this last Sunday so this was the best picture of him I took with his new Sunday clothes on! All he needs is a tie!

3 comments:

beloved30 said...

Patience is easy for you! I swear you Smiths invented patience. I have no idea how you do it... Oh and I saw you when you were 8 months pregnant, huge? Ha! I distinctly remember not even knowing you were pregnant until you told us and Justin made you stand up and stick it out lol! I do love being pregnant I'm just getting uncomfortable. Oh and the list on the side of my blog: go to your main page and click layout, then click on add a gadget and it should be at the top called blog list. You'll have to add the sites individually or import them from google reader. Just make sure you save them somewhere cause if you decide to change the background on your blog it'll erase them all. I learned that one the hard way! I love your new apartment by the way! It's really cute!

jeff and alli said...

So so cute. His hair looks light in the last picture. Rees has light hair too, but I think it will get darker when he gets older.

Sarah and Wes said...

Yay!I'm glad you have a home now. And you are a beautiful family as always! I hope that you are enjoying your time in Mexico! We mis you here. Do you ever get to play volleyball? :)