Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Two Things I Despise

So not many of us moms like to publicly share things they absolutely do not look forward to with their children everyday but let's be honest, we all have these things that are part of our everyday routine that we dread. Now dont get me wrong, I love being a mother, and I willingly do these things I despise everyday for the sake and love of my child. But it really is pure love that keeps me doing these things!

Ok so item #1: I dread mealtimes. Why? Im sure most of you mothers can answer this question. First of all it is like a scavenger hunt to actually find things that they would actually eat. Ethan can sometimes be picky and i feel like Im basically throwing the whole fridge at him trying to find something he feels like eating. Secondly, only half of the food I put on his tray ends up in his mouth.. where does the other half go? On the floor of course! There seriously is no need to set apart a time to mop my floor anymore when I pretty much do it after every meal!

Item #2: I dread changing my child's diaper and all things to do with diapers. First of all, Ethan has the fastest metabolism I have ever seen. This kid poops like 5 to 6 times a day (seriously) and they stink so bad! I have to keep his garbage outside in our laundry room and wrap each one in a separate bag. The smell still manages to gag me even after all that and the garbage has to go out very frequently! Secondly, Ethan is a very busy boy and is even too busy to let mommy change his diaper. This kid seriously has meltdowns when I pin him down to change his diaper. He kicks, screams, rolls over, sticks his hands down there and sometimes manages to get poop on the floor. Pictured below is how I manage to keep him pinned down and boy does he hate it!

Dont worry, these things wont stop us from having any more kids. They are really small, insignificant things but for some reason I just dont like to do them.. is that ok? But in all seriousness, I love being a mom, I love children and I especially love my little Ethan- regardless of how much I have to pick up food or how many nasty diapers I have to change... its part of the wonderful job of being a mom!

8 comments:

beloved30 said...

If that's all you despise then you're better than most! I dont know who actaully likes changing diapers.

Anonymous said...

my floor gets a "baby wipe" mopping about 10 times a day! and with two little ones my number of poo diapers is through the roof! We totally relate :)

Meredith said...

I can understand why you despise the things you do. When I babysit (which is a rarity these days) I tend to despise those parts of the job, too.

And, I totally love the way you change his diaper. The picture cracks me up. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

~Meredith

Gooch Family said...

Oh man, diaper changing is the worst! I am constantly asking other moms, "How do you keep your child still when changing their diaper?" It's an impossible task. I'm constantly throwing different toys in her face in hopes she will be interested in it long enough to get the diaper on. Glad to know every mom has this same issue! Dave isn't home much to change diapers so one time when he was home and she had a poop I let him do it and afterwards he was like, "That is not acceptable! How are you suppose to get the diaper on her?" I just laughed and said, now you know what I go through all day ;)

Larsica said...

I will have to try out that move, diaper changes are the same around here too. Lars and I double team him if he's home. Funny the things no one mentions huh?

jeff and alli said...

So understand. :)

Nicole said...

Definitely relate! :)

Meg and Abe said...

I don't know if you have checked my blog at all lately. But I am not doing hair as much out here in VA. Instead I have been nannying for a couple of 5 month old babies and I totally get what you mean. At least you have the unconditional love that only a mother could have. I just have to put on a happy face and pretend I like it because that's what I get paid to do. I didn't realize that you knew Josh and Laura Hawkins. We are really good friends with them. What a small world.