This is the entry way looking in from the door. Any ideas for a pretty table decoration? By the way, that is our kitchen table as well. It's an Ikea buy and slides out to a bigger table.
This is our living room. To the left you can see a mirror that actually extends all the way up to the ceiling
I love all the windows!
Vaulted Ceinlings! I love them! It's vaulted all throughout the house as well. It's amazing how much bigger it makes your house look!
The Kitchen- small but plenty of cuboard space!
Our bedroom ( we havent quite gotton around to putting up pictures in here yet) it's pretty plain jane but I love our new comforter!
Behind those mirrors you would find our closet...it's huge! Up top there is tons of storage space and down below there are built in shelves, and two levels to hang your closthes up on. Having a big closet is a first for us and we love it!
The view from our bedroom
Our small little bathroom- *side note* when planning to build your own home someday, please make sure to put some sort of air flow in your bathroom- I dont know what they were thinking!
Ethan's room! He had to jump in on this picture!
We love living in Mexico! Although there are a few things that we miss (well mostly I miss) from the states so far:
- Nutrition labels- Just like any girl, I always look at the calorie, fat content, carbs, etc. on nutrition labels. Here, if by some miracle they actually have this on a food item it really doesnt make any difference, I cant understand what it says anyways.
- American interstates- American highways are so smooth they actually lull people to sleep. Here, it's like a roller coaster ride! Also, they don't have street lights. It makes it a lilttle hard to see at night.
-The Inexpensiveness of America- Contrary to what most people believe, it is super expensive here! I might have already posted about this but I can't get over how expensive things are! Seriously, eating at McDonalds is just as much as eating at a nice sit down restaurant in the US!
- Nice, clean public bathrooms- you actually have to pay here to use the most disgusting bathrooms you have ever seen!
- Carpet- if you didn't notice in the pictures, our whole house is tile. Someone told us here that everyone has tile because it is less expensive and isn't as much up-keep. I don't know who convinced them that it isn't a lot of work to keep clean, but I can testify that it's a TON of work! (especially with Ethan running around throwing food everywhere) It gets so dirty so fast! At least with carpet, if it's dirty, no one can really tell.
Well that's my list for now! Im sure that as time goes on I will find things to add onto it. But please dont think that I dont love Mexico! Just living here for a month or so I have come to realize a few things I love about America as well!
4 comments:
Your house is so nice and new and I love your decorations!!!
Your place looks amazing! I have heard tile or hardwood is a ton of work too, with so much dust and crumbs collecting everywhere and you constantly having to sweep. With carpet you can go days without vacumming and no big deal, although I would never do that being the perfect wife I am, haha yea right!
It looks wonderful. It must be so nice to have a home finally.
I love your apartment and I am jealous of all your new things in there. I will post our apartment someday when the truck with our stuff arrives...it has been sad, like you guys. We all miss you!!
Post a Comment