I was actually a really cute little girl though....


I was only a few weeks old here And I think around 11 months here.
My mom loved to put me in bonnets, why? Because I was completely bald until I was 2 years old!


9 months old- wasnt I a doll?!



left-3 years old- Mom dressed me
as a hobo for Halloween.
Middle- 4 years old and striking a pose!
Right- 4 years old-Preschool graduation -check out those curls!

I was prob about 2 1/2 here. Guys, I promise that my family and I are not rebels and nor do we hang the Rebel Flag in our yard like most southerners do- But mom... why am I wearing this!?
Now here is what we have all been waiting for.... * You have to click on these pictures to enlarge them to get a real good idea of just how bad they are :)


3rd grade This picture makes me laugh every time I see it! Every time I look at it the psycho theme music from horror movies comes into my head....Please, I beg you to take the time to enlarge it to get a good look at how horribly ugly and large I was! Not only was I not so pretty in the face ( with many chins) but what in the world was I thinking with my outfit! A highlighter yellow bow in my hair, polka dot shirt with a gold colored bow at the collar and nasty tie-dyed, skin-tight pants! Yikes! Justin looks at these pictures and says, "No way that's my wife!"


4th grade 5th grade- Wow, is all I can really saw about this picture. This picture deserves to be enlarged as well. If you havent noticed yet, I had REALLY bushy hair! Parents, weren't you so embarrased of me?! I had the most awkward body ever! My parents say that they I was "barrell chested" ya know, like a barrell, same size all the way around. But what was really awkward is that I had the large "barrel-like" midsection but still had super skinny legs and arms- weird, I know.



Left-6th grade- scary looking! Check out the belly hanging over the belt...nice...
Middle- 7th grade
Right- 8th grade. These two grades is whenever I went from being nice and plump to way too skinny and almost ET like (skinny little neck with a big, bushy head)

And finally, this was my freshman year of high school. I put a little bit of weight back on and decided that I would look better if I plucked my eyebrows ( way too much) and wore terrible lipstick and lip liner.
So there ya go, proof that I was a big little girl! Justin and I hope that our kids dont get that gene of mine! Although I was a bit obese, my parents say that I was the happiest little girl that you ever did see!
By the way, they say history repeats itself and for the sake of my husband and kids, I hope I never repeat that part of my history! Now can you see why I like to work out? :) I thought you guys might enjoy a little glimpse into my past- hope you got a laugh out of it!
14 comments:
I still remember meeting you when you were a freshman and I had just moved to Vidor and was at a basketball game of Johnny's. You were so nice! and I think you showed me an "obese" picture you had in your wallet.
Oh my gosh I was seriously laughing out loud looking at those pictures! I NEVER would have guessed. That softball one makes me laugh, it looks like you had a pillow stuffed in the stomach area. Oh man, as for the eyebrows, I totally did the EXACT same thing my freshman year. My family all made fun of me. That was a great post, haha.
I have similar pictures. But I went from chubby to cute and skinny and back to chubby... then I got pregnant and now I'm just fat. Though i find it oddly comforting that someone as cute as you could have pictures like those! LOL!
Love the pictures...I can't believe how much Ethan looks like you! Ha! Especially since you were bald for 2 yrs! Anyway, thanks for your sweet post on my blog...hopefully in about 22 yrs we can get Alexis and Ethan together. That would be a good mix...a little tongan, italian, white baby! Good athletic genes in there too:) I'm not the most athletic, but it never hurts to have a little tongan in you...good athletes. Anyway, I really love reading your blog and hearing your fun stories!
Wow, at first I totally thought one of those pictures was of Ethan (the one in the bonnet with the darker blue shirt thing), he looks exactly like you! And those pictures are hilarious!! I love the tie-dye pants! And I don't feel bad laughing at them because you are so gorgeous now, I never would have known! Too funny.
I totally didn't believe that those picture were even of you! Did you exercise a lot or did you just shed away naturally? I'm glad that you are so good humored about it too. Jeff once saw all of my EXTREMELY awkward middle school/junior high pictures, I was so embarrassed! Acne? Yes. Makeup? I couldn't stop. You give me hope that maybe one day I will magically be super gorgeous too :)
Amy Menlove Parker
I would have never guessed that you were in those pictures. haha 8) nor would I have guessed that you were a little chubby when you were little! how'd you get so skinny?! i need to know the secret! 8)
AHHAHHAHA. That's awesome! Never would've guessed. Thanks for sharing!
Ashleigh this is hilarious! Like everyone else, I never would have guessed. You don't look like you have an ounce of a fat gene in you now! Congrats on losing it all and being able to laugh about it! My middle school pictures are horrible too... why was that such an awkward phase for everyone?!!!
Ashleigh, you are adorable! We ALL have awkward stages in life. In my wedding video there is like a big chunk of my life missing, it goes from about 6th grade to my Jr. year of high school, skipping everything in between! and I bet I have some good plucking eyebrows/trying to figure out makeup pics somewhere. You are beautiful, love the safety gate post too!
Those were the best pictures ever!!! I must admit that I never really believed you that you were anything but skinny. I also should admit that I might have similar pictures, though you couldn't pay me to post them for everyone to see (especially since I might have a mullet in one of them - mom what were you thinking. I am so glad that you shared that...Ashleigh the younger, priceless.
i dunno if you remember me but this is kimberly fruge....i was bald until i was 2 too and my husband makes fun of me for it. i saw your blog from rachel odoms blog and wanted to check it out and was so excited to hear that i am not alone in the bald world!
Yeah, I don't see it, I just can't see you in those pictures! I wouldn't have believed it either. :)
So, are you just naturally skinny, or do you have to exercise to keep that figure?
There is no way in the world that was you! I would never in a million years believe the skinny Ashleigh that I know ever had a chubby phase. HIL-AR-IOUS!
Post a Comment