Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow! We have had one crazy summer! Here is what we have been up to this summer:
* I know this post is kinda long but its interesting- just keep reading:-)*

May 20-25- Justin, Ethan and I went to Arkansas for my cousins graduation ( see pics below)
May 25-31- Justin goes to Taiwan
June 13-20- Ethan and I flew to Texas to spend the week with my family. Ethan stayed there
while I flew out to Cancun. Justin was in Mexico looking for an apt at this time
June 20-27- Cancun Trip
July 11-17- Our trip to Culiacan to find furniture, check out our new apt and for a little bit of work. We also went to Mazatlan- it was beautiful!
July 18-29- Family Reunion in Utah. This was a dramatic week in and of itself. Stay tuned for more info later.
July 30-Aug 1- We arrived from Utah just in time to pick my parents up from the airport in Phoenix. They stayed the week with us and we loved having them!
Aug 4-9- Justin and his dad flew to Guatemala for business.
Aug 11-15- We moved to Culiacan Mexico. Even though our apt wasn't done being built, we still has to leave for Justin's work and because we already had plane tickets flying out from Culiacan for the 15th. So we stayed in a really nice hotel for that week.
Aug 15-22- Costa Rica trip ( pictures soon to come!) And yes, still living ina hotel
Aug 22- present date- Still living in a hotel... our apt was suppose to be done by the 20th of August but it still has about 2 weeks to go. I guess it really doesn't matter since we are leaving on Thursday to go back up the AZ for some business. It would sure be nice to not feel homeless and to not be limited to only one pair of pants and 3 shirts for a wardrobe, but hey, we are happy! We are still staying in the same hotel as the last 2 times we were here, so its fun that all the workers know us and play with Ethan.

Here is Ethan crammed into a backseat full of our stuff to move down in. We shoved in as much as we could into our suburban and with amazing packing skills from my husband, we fit in quite a bit!
Of course we had to stop and let Ethan have a turn at driving
He loves to wear mommy's sunglasses!
But luckily, he still loves to sleep in the car seat as well!
We made it! Bienvenidos a Mexico!
This has been our home since we have been here in Mexico- The Lucerna Hotel. It's pretty nice and has a nice pool that Ethan and I go to.
We have been a little lacking on laundry for the past month or so and one night Ethan had nothing to wear that was even close to clean. I had one clean shirt left and so I let Ethan borrow it for the night. He was so cute running around in it!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Do your landlords cover the hotel expenses because your apartment isn't ready? I can't believe how busy you all have been!

HolliJo said...

Hey I'm glad you found our blog! Looks like yall are having a busy but really fun summer! We miss yall in the ward! I can't believe how big Ethan is getting. He is so cute! Good luck with everything :). HolliJo

Emily said...

Ashleigh, how are you? What a crazy fun summer you are having! I sure hope your apartment gets finished soon. You are such an amazing person and I was so sad to hear about your miscarriage. Really it makes me hurt inside but your positive attitude has always been contagious and I know you will have many more beautiful children like Ethan. Can't wait to hear more about Mexico and your new place.
hugs, Emily :)

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow, you guys have been busy as usual! You look great though. I'm glad that you are doing well despite some of your complications. We sure miss you!

jeff and alli said...

You have been busy but also sounds like you are having so much fun.

Marielle said...

Wow! You really are busy! Beautiful vacations, reunions, moving, what fun family adventures! Ethan is so cute. Getting so big. Hope everything works out with your apartment. We miss all the Utah folks!

Nicole said...

WOW you guys have been so busy! I don't know how you have done all that with little Ethan! Hard but I'm sure fun and worth it! I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage! I saw your comment on my blog about it a while ago and wanted to cry! I didn't want to say anything about it on your blog yet because you hadn't announced it. You really are an amazing person Ashleigh! I love your positive attitude. We wish you all the luck with your new life in Mexico! :)

Ashleigh said...

Hi Ashleigh. This is really weird and a little freaky - lol, but I just started a blog and was trying to figure out what my web address should be. So, I decided to try our first names - Justin and Ashleigh. It didnt work, so I thought...oh, thats fun, I'll see who has the blog with JustinandAshleigh as their address. When I found your site I was shocked -- to say the least. My name is Ashleigh. My husband is Justin. Our last name is Smith. We were married in 2005 on JULY 9. We have one daughter who was born in January of 2007. I little freaky, huh? :)

The Battisti Family said...

Ashleigh! Hey, found your blog from AmyLyn, she taught me a few things about blogging, so I'm gonna try it! Anyway, Ethan is so adorable...can't wait for him and Lexi to hook up in about 20 yrs or so:) Sounds like ya'll have been BUSY! Sounds fun though! I'm excited to keep in touch and see the latest w/ your fam!

Anonymous said...

hey guys! glad to see you have a blog. wow, you have been busy! but it all sounds like fun! see you next time you come in to bhn! :)
*allison*

Anonymous said...

here's our blog:

http://www.jacksonallisonhallows.blogspot.com/