Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Peek Into Ethan's Kindergarten Year

I can't believe my little boy has completed Kindergarten and is now well on his way to being a 1st grader. A 1st grader!! 
Ethan went into his kindergarten year smarter than he should be and came out of it even smarter. He LOVES school. Kindergarten was seriously the best thing that could have happened for him and he excelled in it. I kept some of his writing samples throughout the year and here are some from the beginning of the school year....

I really don't remember what this one said... Something about the Dog was walking through the...something..
"I like to smell the flowers and play ball" 

This one had to be around Christmas time... "The elves were naked"
Awesome. I'm sure his teacher was super impressed :)

His writing got much better throughout the year. This was from around February.
"My favorite animal is ___because he's awesome."



"He lied because he was not responsible"
"I will go to California to see Sea World"
You can tell a huge difference between his writing and spelling abilities from the beginning of the year and the end of the year!

I just had to add in this cute picture which was Ethan's punishment for complaining about doing his chores one day. This is now hanging right by his chore chart for him to always remember just how happy him doing his chores makes mommy and daddy :) 
This is Ethan on his first day of kindergarten....
I had forgotten that he had a cast on his arm!

And this is him on his last day of school as a kindergartener!

For the last day of school, a few mom's in the neighborhood put together a gigantic slip and slide complete with snow cones and otter pops. There were SO many kids on this slip and slide! The pictures do it no justice!


This ended up being hours of fun for the kids. I love our neighborhood and the cool moms that put stuff like this on for the kiddos!

I have actually been enjoying summer with all 3 kids at home. It hasn't been that bad at all and we will miss Ethan when he goes back to school in a month! E & E have their good and bad days with fighting but thanks to pinterest, I made them a "get a long" shirt that has worked wonders....


Muahahahahaha!!! I love when I find something that works!!






2 comments:

Amy said...

He is such a smartie! And look at his handwriting! So good! I need to do a post like this for Lily. Thanks for reminding me.

Lauren said...

Wow! That's awesome to see the improvement! Can't believe he'll be in 1st grade.
I LOVE the shirt, too.