Monday, July 29, 2013

Trip to the Cabin

At the end of May, and right before we left for DisneyWorld, we went up to the cabin for the weekend.
This cabin was pretty much built by hand in 1970-something from Justin's Grandma & Grandpa Chapman and their 6 girls. It's always so nice to come up here and get out of the valley heat!

We always have their typical cabin breakfast with hash browns, eggs, gma's mush, and lots of fruit. 

 The swing out back is always a favorite....







There is a community park nearby and we had fun watching Mason's amazing ability to hold his own body weight. It was pretty impressive for a 12 month old!
He could even bring his knees up to his chest while hanging. He must have some abs of steel underneath that chubby belly!



 Ethan hanging out with great grandma while waiting for a ride on the scooter. Grandpa has a whole bunch of old motorcycles up there but unfortunately they like to keep grandpa busy by breaking down a lot. I think grandpa actually enjoys the challenge of trying to keep those things running :)




 We've got to take a closer look at those solar shields...
 Pretty awesome, right? What made it even better was Ellie's helmet was so heavy and big for her that she had a really hard time keeping her head up straight!


 We all got our fair share of rope burns from the tether ball. I've actually never played it before, and let's just say it brought out any and all uncoordinated moves I have. Typically, I'm pretty coordinated when it comes to a ball, but I looked ridiculous playing against Justin. I was laughing so hard!

Grandpa was so cute taking the time to hang out with Ethan. He taught him to play Sudoku and taught him all about how machines work...

Later in the afternoon, I found grandpa asleep like this...
Impressive that an 83yr old can sleep soundly in this position. I hope I can do that when I'm that age!

Just to end the post, I thought I'd throw in this keepsake...
 I think this picture will make it into Ethan's wedding video someday :)

No comments: