This is just a post of some random thoughts and happenings as of lately. There is no real theme to it, so it will likely be all over the place...
- Justin is gone out of town. Again. Last week he was in Mexico and Chile and was home for Saturday but left Sunday right after church for a full week in Peru. I sure miss him. Back to back weeks of him traveling is never fun. The kids are always so good for me and I find that parenting them on my own is really not that hard. You just do it, ya know? Justin is always SO good to keep reminding me that I do in fact have a husband by emailing me every night the sweetest emails and calling most every night. He is such a good husband and I'm so grateful that he is willing to subject himself to crazy schedules, crazy time changes, crazy food and sometimes crazy people to provide for our family. He loves his job but he does a pretty good job of showing his love for his family too :)
- Ellie is huge. She completely skipped the 18 month clothes and at 17 months, she now fits quite snugly into 24 months clothes. I give her less than 2 months in this size. We weighed her and she is 26 pounds and 33.5 inches tall. At the same age, she has Ethan beat by 4 pounds and is 2 inches taller! We go to her 15 month check up tomorrow and I'll find out what %tile she is in. She is in such a fun stage. I'll do an update all about Ellie sometime this week.
- I will be Turbokick certified this SATURDAY! If you don't remember, miscarriage #4 happened the day before I was to go to the training in Scottsdale. I was so, so sad. But we found another training in San Diego and so my awesome husband is making this one happen! This is one of my "selfish" goals in life. Meaning, I am fulfilling my goals of being a mother, wife, etc., but this is one of the only things that I really want to do for ME! I think everyone needs to do at least one thing for themselves. I am STOKED about it!
- I love helping out in Ethan's preschool. I get to be in there with my boy and be around one of my most favorite people, his teacher, Jill. She is awesome and is a great teacher!
- I'm having the hardest time finding cute and good quality work out clothes that aren't outrageously priced. I'm tired of frumpy workout gear!Target is even too expensive for me. Any suggestions??
- I scored an amazing deal at Famous Footwear. I really wanted some cute athletic shoes since I have been wearing the same ones for over 3 years. So I waited for their Buy 1 Get One Half Off deal and used that, plus and 20% off coupon, plus a 10% off coupon, plus a $10 off your order coupon and got two awesome cute Nike shoes for $30 each. PLUS, they accidentally shipped me 2 of the same pair of shoes and so I bought the second pair for $20 for a backup in the future. Not bad, right?! I love using coupons when retail shopping!
- On Saturday night we found a scorpion in our upstairs master bedroom! That is the first scorpion I have seen and it better be my last. I don't do scorpions and I have been on bug patrol ever since. That was enough motivation for us to de-junk and deep clean everything! Justin and I stayed up to like 2:30am doing it. We can safely say that there is not another scorpion in this house :) We filled up our suburban full of stuff to take to Goodwill. You would have thought we were moving or something with the amount of stuff we are giving away. Everything is neatly organized and it feels SO good!
Well, that's all for now! I'm off to be productive and sew some projects!
3 comments:
oh scorpions are so not fun! I hate them too! And I wish we could just get rid of everything when I spot one so that I just know for sure there aren't any more. Hope your training in San Diego goes well!! My goal is to become a trainer as well but I am really starting to like ZUMBA!!! More dancy!
Ash- I get almost all of my workout clothes at TJ Maxx. They are SO much cheaper and while that store can be hit and miss, they usually have decent workout gear. That's my recommendation!
Wow! I used to love going to turbokick classes. Props to you in every way!
Post a Comment