Friday evening after my sis-in-law, Caryn, got out of school we left for beautiful San Diego, CA for my Turbokick Instructor Training!!
Google maps let us down and we ending up getting lost for about an hour trying to find our hotel. It was midnight and a little scary in the part of town that we were in, but luckily we stopped and asked a super nice guy and his wife at a gas station for directions and they were SO kind and escorted us to our hotel about 15 min out of their way! That doesn't happen in Cali, right?! We were so grateful.
After a not so restful nights sleep, (I was too excited to sleep!), I left the kids and Caryn in the hotel for my training in Chula Vista. Justin flew in to San Diego that morning and took a taxi to the hotel and took everyone to the beach while I was turbokickin' it away. The training was so.much.fun! I really don't think that I have had that much fun in a while. We worked a lot on form, cueing, and of course we worked our booty off! The training was from 9am-5pm which made for a lot of time to get our sweat on! One lady there had on a body bug and she burned 2400 calories during that time so I'm sure I did about the same! Our instructor, Mike, was amazing and made everything fun. I was exhausted after but it was so, so worth it! I can now teach classes and try to inspire others to love this workout! Chalene Johnson, the creator of the workout, has said something like, "People say that working out isn't fun, but they just haven't found anything fun yet!"
I get my results in the mail in a few weeks and then it will be official! If you are in my area, I would love if you came to my classes whenever I start them up.
We left right after to drive back to Phoenix and got in pretty late that night. We were all super tired! A HUGE thanks to Caryn for watching and helping out with our kids and thank you to my incredible husband who is helping my reach one of my dreams!

5 comments:
fun! i'll have to try your class sometime! or you can come to my house and be my personal trainer ;)
oh! i need to remember to have jackson take some dvd's to work to give to justin. though, i can't remember which ones you wanted to borrow...?
That's great! Good job!
So awesome! This post makes me think of you tromping around UAG on the first day looking for their rec center, you workout maniac! One of my "selfish" goals is to be cycling class instructor certified. Just for the YMCA. Someday.
That is AWESOME!!! I would TOTALLY come to your class! So wait all you have to do is go to an all day training to be able to teach in the GYM???? That is so easy! Really is that how it works? You don't even have to teach a class to get a class? You will for sure have to fill me in!!! But congrats on getting your certification done!
Way to go Ash! If I lived in your area, I would totally come to your classes! I love turbokick. =)
Post a Comment