Apparently the sac ruptured and took the baby and everything with it. They couldn't tell what all was in the uterus since there was so much blood but they could definitely tell that there wasn't a full baby in there. I cried and cried right there in the ultrasound room. I was all by myself and the ultrasound tec (we have become good friends through all this miscarriage stuff) just hugged me and told me that she was so sorry and something about how it just isn't fair. I was so grateful for her kindness. They had me wait to see the doctor and I held my composure pretty well while talking to the doctor and asked him lots of questions. He was SO great to take the time to talk me through it all and I could tell that he really did feel for me. Because there is so much stuff still in the uterus he scheduled me for a D&C for tomorrow morning. Although I'm bummed we have to pay a whole lot of money for no baby, I'm glad I can get all this over with quick and relatively painless and move on to what awaits us next.
So what does await us? Well, hopefully in the future more children but for now I need a little break. As I mentioned before, this pregnancy was a difficult one. I was sick most of the time and couldn't eat very much and I just don't feel like jumping right back into that right now. I can tell that my body just needs a rest for a while too. I don't feel like I need to go through any testing right now, this was just something that my body did and we couldn't/can't prevent it .We know that I have a progesterone deficiency during the luteal phase so that is why I take progesterone supplements for that but I think my hormones might need to be checked out and I am going to go to an essential oils doctor here in the valley to help me regulate them naturally. We'll see if it works!
If you are wondering how I'm feeling I'm not going to lie, it is hard. It has been quite the roller coaster of emotions the past few days. I know that this is one of my trials that I have to go through in this life and I'm ok with that. There are so many more worse things that we could go through. I am just grateful that so far we have been SO blessed to keep those babies that are born to us and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for those two sweet little munchkins. It is still hard though when I picture that sweet little baby moving around in the ultrasound and I hear her rapid little heartbeat in my head to not cry and think of what could have been. I loved that little baby and I hope she doesn't change her mind next time and will want to stick around and meet us.
I'm grateful for prayer. I have felt peace and comfort throughout all this and I'm so grateful for those feelings of "It's going to ok. This is part of your plan." I know that we will have all the little children that we are supposed to have someday and I'm ok knowing that it is all in His hands. Although I am sometimes sad, when I think about it too much, I am for the most part happy and am moving on with life and am looking forward to a fun filled summer with vacations, weddings and family!
Friends and family have been so kind to us. My sweet mother-in-law sent me these gorgeous flowers today...
with a sweet note that simply said, "To a wonderful mother." It meant the world to me.
And my sweet, thoughtful husband came home from work yesterday when I found out I had miscarried with this little stash...
He knows my favorites and he happily accompanied me in vegging out last night :)
But from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your kind words of comfort, your sweet little notes and gifts at my door, for your offers to help out when needed, for your support and friendship, and for your prayers and thoughts. I can't thank you enough and it brings me to tears to think that there are so many people who actually care about us! Again, thank you. Thank you all!
I would love to share with you guys a quote from Thomas S. Monson that I found today during my scripture study...
"We are here on this earth to deal with our individual challenges to the best of our ability; to learn from them, and to overcome them. Endure to the end we must, for our goal is eternal life in the presence of our Father in Heaven. He loves us and wants nothing more than for us to succeed in this goal. He will help us and bless us as we call upon Him in our prayers, as we study His words, and as we obey His commandments. Therein is found safety; therein is found peace."
- Thomas S Monson. Closing Remarks at the October 2010 General Conference
How perfect is that? I wasn't even looking for it, but I definitely needed it :)
Thanks for reading. Come back soon for a post on what these cute kiddos are up to!

18 comments:
you are amazing! giving US comfort in a time we should be giving it to YOU! that is a wonderful quote. i am so sorry you have to go through this again. you are in my prayers!
(i went to a "quack" as lyndon called it ;) a dr. that specializes in hormone balance among other things. i went when we were TTC. it might be the same dr you mentioned, dr. shiflet at chiropractic health innovations)
Wow, Ash what a roller coaster. Your attitude is beautiful. I'm praying for you, girl!
Oh ahsliegh! You're such a wonderful woman with such a sweet spirit. I am so sorry again for it all. Keep your head up, rest and get better. We still love ya lots!
Ashleigh I've been thinking about you and praying for you every day. I truly am sorry to hear this awful news. I can't imagine what you may be going through but it brings tears to my eyes to read this. Stay strong and know you are loved and watched over.
Boy, I knew all this and it STILL made me cry! I love that you called your baby a she - you must know her more than you think! :)
And I love your "good advice" post too. I was telling my hubby about it yesterday and I am printing it now. :)
I want to put on my wall something I heard on TV believe it or not :)
kids spell love T-I-M-E. I need that reminder to give them my time more often for sure! :) I think that your little comments would be super cute as a subway art on a canvas or board. I think I have even seen a website that will make the art for you, you just type in the words. :) Let me know if we need to have a crafting session do to that! :) It could be fun!
Ashleigh, I'm so sorry. I feel so selfish and ashamed for complaining about being sick when you have such a positive attitude. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings--you are a good example to me! You are such a strong person, and it's so wonderful to know that God has a plan for each of us.
Oh Ashleigh! I love you! You are so strong. This last experience you've been through reminds me so much of my last miscarriage. I lost the baby at about 12 weeks, just a day before my first appointment. I was devastated. I know what you are going through and my heart goes out to you. I have felt the same. I am so grateful to be having my second baby in two months, but it hasn't lessened my fears for the future. Hang in there! I love you!
So sorry, Ashleigh. Thank you so much for sharing your strength and testimony through it all. And we have identical sweet tooths. That's exactly what I would've wanted my husband to bring me. Sending good thoughts your way... :)
Oh, Ashleigh. I'm so sorry to hear your news. What a hard time you've gone through. I'm so glad you've had support and hope you continue to feel that. My heart is hurting for you.
I'm about to cry. So sorry that you are going through these trials. I'm touched by your honest feelings and that you are willing to share them.
I'm praying for you and the whole family.
Ashleigh,
I am really sorry to hear. Your story made me very emotional but your testimony at the end left me with goosebumps. You are so strong. I am really sorry you have to go through this but you are an amazing mother. Our prayers are with you and your family.
Brought me to tears. That is alot to go through. This really made me grateful to have 2 kids too. You will be in my prayers. Thanks for your friendship. I'll be thinking about you,
megan
Your strength and faith inspire me Ashleigh, and always have. I'm so sorry to hear the news. My heart goes out to you and your family is in my prayers. Love you!
Wow. I cried and cried while I was reading this. You have such incredible strength. My prayers are with you!
Ashleigh, I want to cry! You have been through so much and it hurts to know that you've had to experience this. You can get through this. Loved that quote from President Monson.
XO
Emily
I'm so so sorry Ashleigh. I had a thought though, my relief society for May they are doing a Q&A with a doctor from Scottsdale for enrichment and I guess he's really into balancing hormones and natural remedies. If you would like to come, I would love to have you come. If not there's a book that this Dr highly recommends called "it's my ovaries stupid" awful title but it's supposed to be full of really great information. I hope you get through this ok. But this is just another one of those things the Atonement is there for. When you're feeling up to it again Preston and I would love to do something with you guys. Get the kiddos together to play again. You're in our prayer and thoughts.
So sorry you and your family have had to go through this. Love you!
Ashleigh-
You are one remarkable woman! It looks as though you have the right perspective and you're doing all of the right things to take care of yourself. Nevertheless - we're praying for you! Love you and your cute fam!
Post a Comment