Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Easter Pageant & The Easter Bunny Came

Once a year, around Easter time, our church puts on a huge theatrical production of the story of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection called The Mesa Easter Pageant. This was my first time to see this and I must say that I was very, very impressed. I knew it was going to be good since most of the things our church puts out is of very good quality but knowing that all the actors and dancers are volunteers, I wasn't quite expecting to see what I saw. Those people were amazing! So talented! What is even more impressive is the amount of hours they must have put in practicing and performing every night for 2 plus weeks for free!

Ethan and I went with the Smiths while daddy (who had strep throat) stayed home with Ellie and put her to bed for me.

Ethan (trying to deal with the flash) and Jordan. I didn't realize that he had a bean burrito mustache until after the picture. I think it adds character...
Caryn, Chanda and her fiance Nate before the show began.
The dance of the 10 virgins...
The end of the show

It was so fun to have Ethan sit on my lap while I explained what was happening throughout the show in 3 year old terms. It amazes me how much he understands and what he can remember. I know this might sound bad but it was so nice to not have sweet Ellie there. I was able to focus on spending some quality time with my little buddy instead of chasing her around or standing at the back of the crowd trying to silence her yells of frustration :) I love her but I loved that I got to attend this special event and enjoy some cherished time with Ethan. I highly recommend going to see this next year if you are in the area!

The Easter Bunny definitely came to our house this year! Thanks Grandma Sims! I just used all the candy and presents she sent to us in our Easter package to fill the eggs and baskets. I love that they are so little and have no idea that I used the same candy. I'll keep holidays cheap for as long as I can :) They went around the house looking for Easter eggs and found all of them, with a little help from us of course. They were simply delighted to eat all the candy that I would let them eat that morning.

And here are my incredibly photogenic children with their loot...


Ethan is still trying to figure out what to do with that darn flash. :) All 7 pictures of him turned out exactly like this one. Love that kid!

No comments: