Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Musical Conductor

Our Ethan loves music! About a week ago, we were listening to some classical music and all by himself, he took the end of his tee-ball stand, propped it up and then grabbed some paper and starting conducting to the music. His papers kept falling down and he was getting frustrated so I grabbed a music stand that we have downstairs for ward choir (which is held at our home) and let Ethan have something "professional" to work with!

Here is a video of him conducting Beethoven's 5th. I don't think he was blessed with rhythm but I do love the "stick the landing" gymnast poses throughout :)

Bummer... I guess the video size is too big and it won't upload. Just know that he had some amazing conductor moves!

He also wrote his own music as well....
I know it is hard to see but those are two music notes at the top. Pretty impressive considering I have never taught him that! He must have learned from looking at piano music.

He even busted out the chair for the full-effect!
One thing we have always noticed about Ethan is just how well he can hit pitches. If you sing something to him, he can pretty much sing it right back to you with almost perfect pitch, if he knows the words of the song. Pretty good for a 3 year old! We are putting him into a program called Let's Play Music next year and I really think he will excel!

Oh and just for kicks, this next picture is to document that our little girl does in fact have hair!
Not very much but it is there! Her hair looks darker in the picture but it is coming in super blonde so that is why most people think she has zero hair. She is walking so good and most people that see her say, "Oh my! She is quite the walker for her age!" I usually reply by saying something like "Well, not really. She is almost 13 months old. I think it's normal." They can never believe that she is 1 and they usually put her at 6 months or so (even though she is bigger for her age) just because her hair isn't very visible... I think it's pretty funny:)

Oh and have I mentioned before how much she loves to read books??

She can usually be found either vacuuming our floor with her mouth or reading books. I like to see her do the latter more though :)

3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Love the conducting picture!

Crowley Family said...

I love Ethan's conducting picture, so cute! And Ellie's hair will come in, Naomi was the same way.

Unknown said...

Ha,ha! Ethan is a kick in the pants! He is all business in that pic of him on the chair! I was cracking up, on Sunday when he came into Primary, before he sat down he ran up to me and said, "Lisa, we not going to pop any balloons today?" He waited for me to confirm, "No, there are no balloons today." before he would sit down. Poor buddy, I think I traumatized him!

Your kids are beautiful!!!