Friday, April 15, 2011

Update

First of all, thank you so much for all of your sweet comments. It's so nice to have support from so many great friends.

Ok, this is pretty crazy. Are you ready?

I went to the doctor this morning and had an ultrasound right away. She looked around for a little bit and then we saw a baby in there. I was thinking for sure I would have to have a D&C since the whole enchilada was still in there but then she brought up a strong heartbeat. I was completely in shock. I said, "What? The baby is alive?" and then I broke down in tears. I was still confused about the whole thing and wasn't quite sure what was going on with my body. After the ultrasound I met with my doctor and it turns out that I have what is called a Subchorionic Hemmorage. Basically I have the baby in its embryonic sac, the placenta to the left of it and then on the right side of the sac I have this pretty big sac of blood. It looks like a big half moon wrapping itself around the embryonic sac. Apparently, my body is trying to get rid of the blood somehow and that is what caused the massive amount of bleeding and severe cramping that I was experiencing. The symptoms are exactly like having a miscarriage which is why I thought I was having one. The cramping this time around was much more severe than with any of my previous miscarriages though.

Anyway, pretty crazy right? I went into the doctors office ready to talk to him about doing some testing and maybe taking a break from trying to get pregnant again for awhile until we figured everything out and I came out with the news that we have a live baby inside of me! It still seems surreal.

I am on pelvic rest and have to go in for ultrasounds every 2 weeks or so to monitor the sac and make sure that it isn't growing, which could cause a miscarriage, but those things aren't very hard to do! I'm sorry that I was a little premature with announcing another miscarriage but I've been through them before and I was positive that I was having another one. Now I know that heavy bleeding and cramping doesn't always mean that. Thank you again for your love, support, and prayers. We still aren't out of the woods on this one though and we will keep praying that this little baby can keep that strong little heartbeat!

15 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Oh Ashleigh what FANTASTIC news!!! I would have been bawling when seeing that heartbeat with all you've gone through! Stay positive and REST. I feel like I remember you had some what of that same stuff with Ellie? Anyway, keep us all updated and we'll pray for you!

Shani said...

Oh, wow, Ashleigh, that's amazing! What a blessing. What strong little one you've got there. Doctor's orders! I'm so glad this one is working out for you. I, too, know the pain and frustration of miscarrying, but what a relief to hear a heartbeat. Take care of yourself and tell that husband of your to come and celebrate with you!!

xoxo Shani

jeff and alli said...

Oh my goodness, what an emotional roller coaster. I'll say a prayer for you. Good luck Lady.

beloved30 said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you haven't lost another. Miscarriages suck. Does this make you due sometime in October? Jealous if you are! I was aiming for that month myself for our next kid haha! We have to get together for a double date again sometime soon!

Rollins Family said...

I am so happy things are working out. You are such an amazing person. I love reading your blog. You are an incredible example of faith, determination, and love. We will remember your family in our prayers.

Sabrina said...

I couldn't be happier to hear your news turned around. I am glad you live close to Justin's family. I am sure they will make it easy for you to get the rest you need in order to keep that baby healthy. Good luck and congratulations!

Karen said...

What a way to through your heart around! I hope and pray that everything continues to go well. No need to apologize. It's always nice to have support when we go through difficult things. What an amazing experience.

Janice Richardson said...

I am so glad to hear that! I was in the temple last night and thought of you and put your name on the prayer roll.

The Curry Family said...

We'll keep you in our prayers. I had a friend who had the same thing, and was on bed rest from 9 weeks, until she delivered her son at 39 weeks.

Amy said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! What a crazy few days you have had. I also feel a little prophetic because after I read your last post (late at night) I went to be and had a dream that you were still pregnant and that it wasn't really a miscarriage. Coincidence? ;)

Allison Nicole said...

That is such great news!! So happy for u all! Now go lay down & get some rest!!
Allison :)

Sarah and Wes said...

Ashleigh!! That is crazy!! I will be praying hard for you and your family.

Marin said...

Good to hear that the baby is still alive! Oh I would be crying too! That is so hard. We will keep you in our prayers!

Lydia said...

I also happy for y'all!!! Amazing and god luck!! Get some good rest!!

Crowley Family said...

Oh Ashley, I'm so happy for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do, or if just you need some company :)