There have been quite a few activities that we have done in the past few months that I have yet to post about! We have been trying to get outdoors as much as we can until the heat of the summer comes and we go into hibernation mode for a few months. But anyway, here goes my hodgepodge of an update!
On Field Trips
A few weeks ago, Ethan's preschool took a field trip to the farm and this was sadly that only picture that I took. Turns out, it is a lot harder to play photographer when I'm chasing busy little Ellie around! This girl is fearless I tell you. She also LOVES animals! It is so cute to see her laugh and get all giddy when a puppy or another animal passes by us.
I am doing my sis-in-laws hair for her wedding in a few weeks and my friend let me borrow her beauty school mannequin to practice on. I am doing both an up and down-do for her wedding/reception and I am SO excited! I love playing around with hair!

On After Church Exhaustion
Delirious and oh so cute :) She is usually asleep in the car before we even pull out of the church parking lot. I do put headbands on her by the way, but they never make it past sacrament meeting :)
This is how Ethan looks after church on Sunday....
On Trampolines and Grandmas
We love to jump on the tramp when we go over to grandma's house. This time Ethan had a special treat to have daddy there to jump with him!


Ethan thinks he is so funny when he does this face for the camera. This kid is just funny all the time!



On Airports
Some days we like to go over to the airport, that is only about 15 min away from where we live, and watch the airplanes take off while we have a picnic for lunch. Ethan loves it! We haven't been lucky enough to see a jet take off yet but Ethan reminds us everytime that "we would have to cover our ears because the jet is so SO loud and there would be fire and smoke coming out of the hole in the back!" He is prepared and ready for it!

Ellie doesn't really care about the airplanes so much and prefers to just beg for her/my food the whole time...

The kids had a blast making noise with their water bottles and the metal bench seats in the picnic area. I'm sure the people around there think it's really cute too. Especially when it echos under the pavilion :) Who could make these two happy kids stop though?! Not I.

On Ethan's Awesome and Somewhat Creepy Drawings
Ethan is really into drawing now a days. Our fridge is adorned with is drawings. He loves to draw ghosts, goblins, werewolves, spiders, and pretty much anything scary. He checks out Halloween books at the library and draws the pictures he is looking at. He then loves to make a book out of it and we read it for story times. I wish he would have chosen something a little less creepy to love to draw but I think it's awesome that he is so excited about drawing!
Last weekend we went to the annual easter egg hunt that the city holds at a park just right down the road. Ellie was having so much fun picking up all the candy and eggs on the ground and putting them in her basket. One of her favorite things to do at home is to find a bucket or tupperware, or whatever, and put objects she finds inside of it. So she caught on to the whole egg in a basket thing pretty quickly! The older kids there adored her and would give her some of their own easter eggs too. It was so cute!

On Other Random Things That I Have No Pictures For
- I am starting to see signs of Ethan's readiness to read and it is so fun to watch his little brain work! One of our favorite things to do while eating lunch is for him to think of a word, sound it out and then tell me what letter the word starts with. He just started doing this on his own one day and I have tried to help him with it since. It's fun!
- Ellie is finally starting to talk/babble! She calls everybody and everything "mama" and daddy taught her that a banana is "nana" and now any kind of food is "nana."She knows what an elephant and a monkey says and it is SO cute to hear her make those little noises.
- Last weekend I was all signed up, payed my money, and was absolutely stoked to finally be certified to teach TurboKick, but had to cancel my spot the day of when all the miscarriage stuff starting happening the night before. I was devastated! I had been waiting for 3 years to become certified! These certifications only happen twice a year here in AZ, so now I am trying to find a way to become certified asap even if that means making a trip to Cali :) Until then- punch, cross, hook, upper!
- On the post miscarriage stuff- the d&c went great. Super easy. No pain, no cramping, it went as well as it could have. The doctor said that he was really glad that I had one and that I probably would not have been able to pass all that was in there. I feel completely back to normal. Just this morning Justin said, "You know what women really need? Instead of all those What to Expect When Expecting books, they really need to write a What to Expect When You Are No Longer Expecting book to really tell people what to expect after miscarriage." I laughed. It's true though, right? I'm sure I could help co-author some of that book. Ha!
- Justin leaves for an almost 2 weeks work trip to Spain, Morocco and the Canary Islands. I wish I was going with him. I feel like I need a vacation! Especially to those places! But no worries, I'll find lots of activities to entertain us while he is away.
- Once Justin comes back we are heading to the great state of Texas for a week for my brothers wedding. That will kick off our busy and fun filled summer that is awaiting us! We are excited!
Thanks for sticking this post through! I'm all caught up!
3 comments:
Those kids of yours are SO cute and you are such a good mommy to them! You gave me so many good ideas. I think next week calls for a trip to the airport to watch the planes take off. Fabulous idea! Oh, and awesome about turbokick certification!
I love all of the pictures!! I love Ethan's drawings. The witch is really good. They (both of our Ethan's) are in a fun stage.
Ahh we miss having lunch at the airport. Just wait, you will see a jet take off soon.
Katie
Post a Comment