Sunday, May 1, 2011

Field Trips, Water Parks and Teething- Oh My!

As I have mentioned before, Ethan goes to a preschool 2 days a week and he absolutely loves it there! He was especially excited to go to preschool on this particular day because it was a field trip to Peter Piper Pizza. He has been talking about going here for probably about a month now and he was overjoyed when the day came! He had never been to Peter Piper before but when I told him that it was kinda like Chuckee Cheese, it was pretty much all he could talk about.

They checked out the freezer and how the dough was made.
And they got make make their very own personal pizzas! Ethan wanted pineapple on his. He is definitely my son!
I took my eyes off of Ellie for one second and she took off. When I found her, she was like this on top of the skee-ball machine.
She is definitely our little explorer!

On Friday I took the kids to our (well, my) favorite water park. It always takes Ethan a while to get used to the big bucket that dumps water all over idea. He eventually gets over it though. Ellie is fearless. She loved running in and out of the shallow end until she slipped and hit her head on the concrete. I'm sure all the mothers around me thought I was an awesome mother. I guess that is why they tell you not to run near a pool. She recovered quickly and had a blast.
Here is Ethan still trying to warm up to the idea of water splashing him. After a while he made some friends and was having fun.


Poor Ellie is getting her 1 year old molars in and this...
Is causing her to do a lot of this...


Poor baby! It's been like 2 weeks now that her gums have been swollen like that. You touch it and it feels like jelly in there. Don't those teeth know that they are causing my little girl pain? Sheesh. Come on in already! For the most part she is happy but some days are tougher than others for her. She sure is a cute little crier though!

Justin is still gone traveling for work and I must admit that I am SO ready for him to come home! I'm doing fine with the kids, (I'm pretty used to doing the single mom thing), I just miss my late night cuddle buddy. I hate sleeping alone. I think he has been gone for most of the month of April, except the week that I had the D&C and he had strep throat but I don't think that really counts since we didn't get to spend any quality time together! I miss him and I am so, so, SO excited to see him on Thursday!!!

9 comments:

AmyLyn said...

Do they make Ellie's swim outfit in my size??? Adorable!!

Loved the update!

jeff and alli said...

Oh that poor girl, it looks so swollen!

Rees is begging to go to that water park.

Oriens said...

I know what its like not to have the husband around. But I have no idea what it's like to have two kids and not have the husband around. You are AMAZING.
Hopefully Ellie finishes teething quickly!

Sarah and Wes said...

Oh my! I can't believe I was complaining about Wes being gone for 5 days! You really are super mom. And I LOVE Ellie's swimsuit! She is such a doll! Hope her teeth pop through soon. West has been working on a lot of his teeth too.

Mama's Makin's said...

lover her little swimming hat~ i need to make on of those! SOOOO cute! well for my next baby girl anyways :)

Larsica said...

Poor thing! Kenna is getting her molars right now too and it's miserable!!! She is a super grump! That looks like an awesome water park.

Chad and Jessica Sims said...

Aww You guys always look like you are having so much fun! Im jealous! I also have to say you have two beautiful kids. I can't wait for you guys to get here! Hope Ellie's tooth pops out soon!

Janice Richardson said...

ohh...those teeth look painful!

Megan said...

ouch those teeth look like they hurt! I understand the single mom thing. It's tough. Glad you get to see him soon :)