Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How Do Your Kids Eat Veggies?

This is how we do veggies at our house....
Believe it or not, Ethan LOVES this nasty looking stuff.  It is celery and broccoli soup and he asks me for it just about everyday. Amazing? I think so.  He has always like broccoli and carrots but I have always had a hard time getting him to try new veggies. So one day I was thinking how I could help him and I thought of the many yummy veggie soups I have had in Mexico.  My neighbor in MX taught me how to make this soup and it is super easy! All I do is boil cut up celery until soft and steam some broccoli to go with it, throw it in a blender, fill up the blender about half-way with the nutrient filled water from steaming/boiling, add a little bit of cheese and a tiny bit of  Caldo de Pollo and voila...a healthy way to get Ethan to eat veggies! Although I haven't tried other veggies yet, I imagine that this could work with just about any veggie you want!

Here is Ethan loving his veggie soup!

If Ethan is happy, we are happy :)

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh man, I love this kind of soup. I just made something similar the other night with cauliflower and celery. I also do it with zucchini or butternut squash and whole bunch of veggies. Brett isn't so into the pureed soups, and Adie likes them alright, but I could eat it all the time. You can experiment with different spices too. Anyway, I haven't done it with broccoli before, but I'll have to try it. I also have heard asparagus is a tasty way to do it too. You can see I have a lot of enthusiasm for this stuff ;) I love me some good food.

Crowley Family said...

I love soups, but Naomi is kind of iffy about soups. It sounds yummy but I don't think Naomi would like it since its consistency is similar to that of baby food and she never really liked baby food in the first place.