So in 3 short weeks, Ethan and I will be in DC visiting my very good friend Alicia for a full 7 days! Ecstatic? You bet. I want to spend 2 full days touring around DC and the same for New York City. I need advice from you guys who have been to any of these places to tell me your list of what your favorite things to see were. If you still have your schedule of what you did, I would love, love, LOVE to have it! I am just beginning to research and plan our trip so any advice you have I would seriously love to have it! Thanks so much!
14 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE DC (lived there for a summer)
My favorite is the Korean war memorial
The White house tour inside is ok but takes forever so if you don't have a lot of time in the city it may not be worth it.
YAY!!!
Jake has a training in VA next year so we will be out there and get to go to DC (Jake has never been)
Oh how fun! I'm so jealous I would love to go back! We went in June and I know I posted about what we did. But I also have this book called the little black book of new York that you are more than welcome to borrow! We got it from barnes n noble for like $15 if you want to buy it. It was awesome. It has maps, all the attractions, food, shopping, subway maps, and highlights all the major attractions! We're in the east valley now so I'm sure we could meet up sometime and I could get it to you! Just let me know!
Oh my gosh Ashleigh you MUST visit ME too!!! I only live an hour and 15 min from DC! Can I come visit you one day and do all the touristy things with you???? PLEAAAASE?! haha. I know I'm a dork but I would LOVE to see you (that is if your friend Alicia doesn't mind sharing you with me for like half a day;)). When are you coming? Email me!!!
Oh my fav things to see are: Lincoln memorial, WW2 memorial, National air and space museum (Luke LOVED this one so I'm sure Ethan will too), National natural museum (for some reason I cant remember the real name for this one..its all about nature and animals and stuff...also very fun for Ethan), the Holocaust museum, and National Arlington Cemetery (you MUST see the changing of the guard...A.M.A.Z.I.N.G).
So please email me so we can talk about how I'm going to stalk you while you are here!!! ;)
If you are going to NYC, you'll have to look back at my blog from last June 08 http://heathergooch.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html. I listed everything we did - his sister had an itinerary with everything that is cool to do there, maybe I'll email them to get it, but I listed all we did which was a lot. But since they live there and have so many visitors, they have a list of things that people should do when there. Definitely eat cheesecake at Juniors, its delicious.
The DC temple is one of my favorites. It's the temple I went to growing up. It's beautiful! Go there! I'm so glad I have your blog now! Ethan is so cute! Congrats on baby #2 coming! Can't wait to find out the gender! Where do you live now? jb2s.girl@gmail.com Shannon
We are living in Old Town Alexandria (like 10 minutes from Alicia), and it's just this cute little town. One of my favorites is Mt. Vernon in Alexandria. And of course the DC temple is beautiful!! If you guys need any other ideas, I'm happy to help. ~Britni
Ok Ash! I'm glad you found our blog. I guess you didn't know I had been stalking you for months! Email me, I'd love to talk (uh, type!)
I am SO jealous. I miss Alicia so much... You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!
Ask Mel--she went there last summer and loved it...
P.S. We find out on Wednesday what we are having I am excited. =) I could go either way I think, just as long as it will be healthy. I think another girl would be easier though right now lol then I wouldn't have to buy new stuff
How fun Ashley! that sounds awesome! WE lived in New York this summer so I have totally got some ideas. If you are going to do museums I would reccommend the Guggenheim. It is pretty cool. I loved the Met but I am not sure if it would be worth it if you are just there for 2 days. Some of our favorite things were:
Fifth Ave, Time Square, Wall street. Those are all things you must see. We also loved an ice cream place called Serendipity 3(from the movie) which is just a couple blocks away from the fifth ave shopping area, and the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. We also loved Wicked on Broadway if you have a chance to see it. There are so many things I could tell you about. If you want to hear more, send me an email! Have so much fun! WE loved New York!
Hey so later on today the link will be on my blog but right now the sight is: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/
So we are going to boston, and there is a GO BOSTON card that we are getting, that get's us in for "free" to a lot of the touristy things. You could see if shuch a thing exists for DC. :)
In DC I loved the smithsonian and in NY the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater is my favorite professional dance company! Have a fun trip! CAn't wait to find out what you're having and hope you are doing well Ashleigh!
Post a Comment