Saturday, September 12, 2009

14 Weeks

I dont know about you guys but I love reading about other people’s pregnancies and seeing pictures of their growing bellies. I think it’s so exciting and fun! So thus, I am determined to do a better job with documenting this pregnancy than I did with Ethan. I like to use the excuse that I was so busy with work and school at the time but I am still sad that I don’t have hardly any prego pics and don’t have very many memories to go off of! So hopefully I will have many more post coming full of pictures of my growing belly and all the details of this pregnancy…

So I had my 14 week check up with the doctor this last Tuesday and everything seems to be going well! Here is what’s going on:

-I heard the little heartbeat pounding away at 161 beats per minute and couldn’t be happier to know that baby is going to make it!
-I’m now off of the progesterone supplements since my placenta can now take full responsibility for making all the progesterone I need, but I'm still taking the baby aspirin to help with blood clots.
-I haven’t gained any weight yet but Im not too worried. The doctor said that it’s normal especially if you were sick in the first trimester and lost a few pounds. I didn’t really start gaining my weight with Ethan until the second trimester anyways.
- I am however starting to thicken around the abdomen very nicely although I'm not quite picture worthy yet. It really is amazing how much faster you feel fatter the second go round… Anyone else agree?? I remember starting to feel like this with Ethan at about 20 weeks! At least the baby is growing well!
-I have so much energy and am loving being able to eat again! The only things I don't want to eat are toast, pasta, peanut butter and tortillas since that is all I ate during my first trimester. It’s ok, I really don’t miss them.
- We have a ultrasound scheduled for mid-October to see what the gender is of our little baby! I don’t have any preference… I would happy with a boy or a girl!
And last but not least…
-The doctor took me off of pelvic rest since the amount of blood behind the placenta is getting smaller and no longer poses a risk to miscarriage! Hooray! I can now go back to the gym and resume all of my normal activities and stop worrying about our little miracle! I am so happy!

Thanks again for all of your support and prayers during these past few months. We are so excited and so happy that our little family is expanding! Stay tuned for more updates!

11 comments:

Laurie Huish said...

I am so glad for your and your family Ashleigh-You have been in our prayers. I love hearing the heartbeat-there are few things I like about pregnancy but the first time I hear the heartbeat I get pretty emotional. Good luck with everything!

AmyLyn said...

Yay yay yay!!! I've been worried about you! Can't wait to see pics! I totally agree with the thicker sooner on the second go around...I don't know if you muscles are looser or if your metabolism is slower, or what, but you totally pop out more after your first!

Larsica said...

That is great! Glad to hear everything's going well. I remember with Ethan it seemed like you were so tiny for the longest time. I love hearing about other peganacies too so keep it coming! I'll post a pic of my belly soon for you ;) I think it's already popped.

Gooch Family said...

What a relief!! I'm so happy for you! And yes I love reading people's posts on pregnancy updates so keep em coming :) So glad you are feeling better now and don't have to be on bed rest!

Oriens said...

So happy that you are no longer on pelvic rest and that things are going smoothly for you! It was fun to be around when you were expecting Ethan so keep the up-dates coming cause I can't get them from the locker room chats anymore.

Alicia and Jeff said...

I'm so excited for you, Ash!

jeff and alli said...

Congrats! That is great. And yes, I agree, my mid-section has grown faster this time around. My doc said its like your body knows what to do so it jumps right in gear. :) Glad to hear the good news.

Shannon said...

Ashleigh I'm so so happy for you guys! That is such wonderful news. I've been wondering how the baby is doing. It is so great you were able to hear the heartbeat and went off bed rest.

I can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy and the growing baby!

Crowley Family said...

I'm glad the baby is healthy and well and that you can continue to do your regular activities. It was fun running and talking this morning.

Crowley Family said...

We agree that we should be married buddies!

Emily said...

such good news ashleigh! I'm so glad you posted.