Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

Last Friday a friend of mine from our new ward, Alison, was kind enough to invite Ethan and I to join her and her 3 kids to the Phoenix Zoo. She has a Zoo pass which got me and Ethan in free along with her and her kiddos. So we packed up her minivan and headed out there for a fun-filled half day at the Zoo! Ethan had fun copying everything Preston (who is 3 years old and one of our favorites in our nursery class) was doing and her two twin boys (18 months) were so good to just watch Ethan and Preston run around the zoo from their strollers.

The kids had fun seeing the..

Rhino's..

and the ostriches... actually I don't think they were ostriches but they sure looked like them...



and we saw a whole lot more animals that I didn't take picture of such as: the lions, monkeys, tortoises, lots of birds, giraffes, elephants, etc. We also went to a cool little water park they zoo has there for the kids. I guess because it's Phoenix, they kinda have to have one of those :) Ethan loved the water park and LOVED going down the slide. I've decided that going to the zoo is so much more fun when you go with other people! Thanks so much Alison for inviting us to go. Let's do it again sometime!

3 comments:

Megan said...

cute! I love the Zoo! And I love the prayer post. That was way too cute. One of those posts you read and smile from ear to ear!

alison hilton said...

We had a great time with you guys too Ashley! Thanks so much for coming!

alison hilton said...

Sorry! As soon as I posted the comment I realized your name was spelled wrong!