Tuesday, May 18, 2010

All About Ellie- 2 Months

Ellie turned 2 months old on the 10th of May and we just keep falling more and more in love with this little ball of sunshine with every passing day! She really is a dream baby and is just full of smiles, coos and gurgles!

Here are a few pictures of her at 7 weeks old.. Look at me learning how to use a collage :)

The first picture is her giving us a big ole' smile!


I decided to do a little photo shoot with Miss Ellie on her 2 month birthday, with my very VERY limited photography skills :) I'm just too darn cheap to get it done professionally I suppose...



I love the one with her stretching and who could resist those chubby little thighs?


Here are a few facts about Ellie that I want to remember:

-2 Month Stats:
Height- 23.5 in.- 90th percentile
Weight-11 lbs 5 oz- 50th percentile
Head- 38.5cm- 50th percentile

-She is sleeping through the night! *Insert Hallelujah chorus!* She started consistently sleeping through at 8 weeks old.
-When she is hungry, she lets the whole neighborhood know and has NO patience to wait!
- She is a super fast eater! Both of my kids have been 5 min total and they are done. I hope I never have a little grazer, I'll take my little barracudas any day!
-She started smiling at 4 weeks old and hasn't stopped smiling since (unless she is hungry or overly tired that is :)
-She eats every 3 hours pretty much on the dot with her last feeding being at 10pm. She them sleeps until 6am.
-I love the early morning feeding because it is just her and I. She smiles for me, "talks" to me and coos. I cherish those little moments.
- The doc said that she has a hint of torticollis but not near as severe as Ethan did. If you dont remember what Ethan went through click here. We have to do stretches with her but luckily it's not like Ethan's. I guess all our kids will have it :(
- She is more alert now and focuses on objects around her. She loves Ethan and smiles like crazy when he is playing nearby.

Basically, she is such a sweet baby and we are so grateful for these two little blessings!


And for those of you who have made it this far here are a few pics and a video of our little lady from today....





Oh and please ignore my "motherese" and how many times I say pretty :)

4 comments:

Marin said...

SHE is soooo PRETTY!!! What a cute little baby girl. Well we might be in AZ this summer for an internship so we will have to get together to let our kids play together and catch up!!! And good luck with all those exercises for the neck! Brooke kind of had it as well but we just did a lot of tummy time. So far she is doing well with keeping it balanced.

Janice Richardson said...

What a cutie! And double yea for sleeping through the night! :)
PS: I love the thigh rolls too!

Anonymous said...

what a beauty! she really is a doll, it was so fun to get to hold her last week :)

Sarah and Wes said...

What a beautiful smile!!! She's darling! I can't believe you have two kids! I'm kind of excited to have more someday, but also nervous--how do you do it?! :D I'm still just enjoying the little boy I have now :)