There is a sweet lady in our ward who offered to give free dance classes to anyone who wanted to participate. Ethan was the only boy for awhile, which wasn't surprising since our nursery is jam packed with little girls, but luckily Ethan's little buddy Parker started coming later on.
Here they are practicing for the dance recital...
The recital was last weekend but unfortunately I have no pictures of this event. Why, you might ask? Well, Ethan decided that it would be fun to run around like a mad-man, kiss everyone of the girls performing (and poor Parker too), throw his banana prop up in the air, throw himself on the ground multiple times, and a few other obnoxious things. I spent most of my time trying to quietly threaten him from the sidelines. He eventually was taken off the stage by his daddy. If you want to see some video of my little hoodlum kissing all the girls and making a rukus go to my friend's blog here. The first video you can see Ethan roaring like a dinosaur and the 3rd video, about 40 secs into it, you can see Ethan kissing those poor girls. I was pretty embarrassed but hey, he's 2 and a VERY active little boy... did we really expect him to fully cooperate? Maybe next year will be better?
Another activity we do is weekly soccer practice...
There are two women in the ward who kindly offered to teach the kiddos how to play soccer at our stake softball field. Ethan is usually ok at participating for like the first 5 minutes and then he runs off to go play in the dirt, the drinking fountains, climb the fences, etc. Sometimes I ask myself why I even try, but he has fun even if he isn't fully participating...
Here are some pictures of him actually doing what he is suppose to!
He's in the blue stripped shirt holding the ball...
and there he is in mid-air!
After the dance recital fiasco, needless to say we won't be participating in the big game coming up and I'm ok with that :)
The AZ Youth Museum...
Although this place is ridiculously expensive, I like to bring Ethan here every once in awhile (meaning like twice a year). He has SO much fun and everything is kid-sized. He spent forever playing in the kitchen and made me some yummy dinners...
He enjoyed playing in the dollhouse and reading books with me...
Had fun with the blocks and shapes on the light table...
And he LOVED making these tunnels for the balls to go down. I think some kid accidently left a James choo choo train (he is from Thomas the Train) there and Ethan had fun putting it down the tunnel as well. He was pretty protective of the train though and was not a happy camper when another kid would try to take it from him...We are still working on sharing :)
So those are a few activities that we have enjoyed doing for the past few weeks! I'm excited that summer is now coming so we can hit the pools- afterall, that's pretty much all you can do in the AZ summer heat! I sure love this little boy and love spending time with him!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh-those videos are hilarious! I love that he went around kissing all the girls! You guys will have your hands full when he gets older. ;) Oh and Nathan is serving in the exact same mission that roommate Heather served in!
holy tons of new posts! You have been busy! :) Fun times fun times. All I could think for the recital was "Georgie porgie" ;)
Yessiree. How exciting is that? If your family has any questions about the Taichung mission, let me know. He'll have my mission pres too (well, for a few weeks at least). Oh yeah, and mother of the year award officially goes to you. Good job girl!
Ethan is a lucky, lucky boy. You are a such a loving, fun, creative, and patient mom. Ha, I love the story about him kissing the girls. That makes for some darn good material for the teenage years. Love it.
P.S. Ellie is just beautiful. Does she look a bit like Ethan, perhaps?
Post a Comment