
for our little girl but the cheapest I can find something I love is this for like $140! I really think our little girl might be sleeping in her older brothers sports themed crib if I can't find something within our price range and is something that I love! We are home now and are trying to recover from all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, but I can't help but think of everything I need to do before this little girl makes her debut in 2 months or so.
So far we have nothing done and not a thing of pink and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed since my list of things to do is forever long. Plus, we are leaving to stay in Mexico for another 2 weeks at the end of Jan- 2nd week of Feb so that cuts out the time I have to prepare significantly! Here is a list of things I need to get done before D-day:
-Finish decorating the downstairs formal and family rooms (window treatments, greenery, etc.) Yes, we have lived (well, kinda lived- have we even been here half of that time? I dont think so. ) in this house for 6 months now and it is no where close to being done! Turns out it costs a lot of money to decorate a 2700 ft. home and our trip to Europe was MUCH more expensive than we had thought it would be...
-Buy: Bassinet, sit & stand stroller, crib bedding, desk for the loft area, headboard &bed frame for Ethan's bed( I am searching craigslist like crazy for these items and for a good deal - any other recommendations?)
-Move the treadmill and other workout equipment into the 3rd bedroom, move Ethan into the 2nd and baby girl will be in the first.
-Decorate both kids rooms- I would LOVE to paint both, make valences and have decor up on the walls before she comes
- Potty train Ethan... sigh...
-Landscape our front and backyard before my parents come for the baby. I really want to get everything for the house done before they come. I know they don't care but for some reason I do :)
- And all other little craft projects that I have running through my mind! Justin says that I should just get done what I can and can afford before she comes and if I can't then there is no need to stress. He's right. He's always right but I think it's the nesting nature in me that has me a little worried :)
Whew, I feel a little better now that I have vented out everything that is running through my petty little mind. Let's just see how productive I can be in the next 2 months but still spend quality time with my little boy. I love the one on one time I have with him. He's my little buddy and I want to make the most of the time we have together of just being us two during the day. Oh, but this should all be saved for another post soon... Well, thanks for "listening," I'm off to be productive :)
12 comments:
Great list....we are attacking potty training here in the next week ish too if I can wrap my mind around it long enough. I am doing pretty ok. Baby has already dropped low so I am back on pelvic rest but the placenta has moved and no c section for now which is nice. Good luck on your end though! Hope everything is going/will go okay for ya'll!
That is an awfully big to-do list for just 2 months. Maybe your mom and Dad could help with some of those projects. Thats what I would do, but maybe
im a mooch. good luck with everything! I hope you guys had a great time in Europe!
Ash- my mom makes baby bedding! She recently made bedding for my sister's little girl and it is so cute. If you're interested, let me know! Otherwise, glad to know things are holding up for you guys over there in AZ. I still can't believe how small you are, but what's new?! :)
well deary I know some people cringe at the idea - but there is often very nice crib bedding at good will. If you would like to take a look at a pad that I picked up there, you would be welcome to it. Then you could just make a blanket and skirt that matches it. I have made all my crib bedding and the pad it the most pain part. I picked up this one at good will to recover or give to a friend. But you should check out good will. It might not be your dream bedding - but how long do you really use it anyways?
:) Also Don't buy a bassinett if you are ok with used, you are welcome to borrow mine. It's just white and plain but very functional. And it has a vibrater - which some baby's love. :) Cause bassinettes are used even less! :) Let me know. You are soo welcome to it. ;)
That is the exact crib bedding set that I really wanted for Alina! Of course, it wasn't in my price range either. Have you looked on eBay? I've seen some really cute bedding on there, but we ended up just getting Alina mix and match cheap bedding instead of a set.
Jessica Richins makes crib bedding as well. I don't know if she's doing it now (or taking a break) but you could always ask her.
http://larsica.blogspot.com/
P.S. That's a really big list. Good luck! :)
You can have all of my little girl stuff including the crib bedding if you want it. I would just have to mail it out or something, but you are welcome to it if you want it. Let me know and I can take pictures and send them. Miss you terribly!
I was at Target today and they had a bunch of cute bedding seperates on clearance. I 2nd Ebay, that's where I got Preston's, you can get a really good deal if you keep an eye on it. I would offer to make yours but I'm kind of in the same boat with so much to get ready before baby comes! I have to keep reminding myslef that all I really need is diapers, a few clothes, and a place for her to sleep. Try not to stress if you don't get to everything, there's still time after she comes. 2 months, so exciting!!!
I have been looking at all the matching beding as well.... but then I thought, how often is the baby going to pee, poo, spit-up and so forth on the fancy beding? Then I'm going to be washing it back and forth a million times and it's all never going to match the whole room again anyway, yuck! I think I'm going to end up sticking to plain colors :) Good luck!
Seems like you will be super busy until the baby comes! I am so excited for you to have a little girl!
What is it about having a baby that makes you feel like you have to get everything done before they come?? It's so weird! Even little things I'd been putting off for years were at the top of the list.
Also, you look so good for 7 months pregnant!
Hey!!!
Thanks for posting so much on your blog. It is great to know how you guys are doing. I found Ella's bedding on overstock.com. It was really cheap and the shipping was like 3 bucks. Hope it helps. -Brianna
Post a Comment