Friday, January 29, 2010

Gingerbread House- Only a Month Late

About a week ago Ethan and I decided to bust out the gingerbread house kit that our home teacher so kindly gave us a few weeks before Christmas. I guess with all the holiday hustle and bustle we just didn't make time to do it! After I put the house together, I pretty much gave Ethan free reign to decorate it however he wanted. Here he is showing us his awesome decorating skills...

As you can see, some of the icing accidentally didn't make it on the house...

And here is the finished product...

Ok, ok so mommy definitely did offer a little bit of decorating advice to this little toddler but you can totally tell that a 2 year old did most of it, right?! My favorite part of the house was finding half bitten off peices of the candy stuck to the icing. I guess Ethan just couldn't resist :)

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

I HAVE SEEN THAT LAYOUT BEFORE SO I AM SURE THERE IS A PROGRAM, MAYBE EVEN AN EASIER WAY. . . BUT WHAT I DO KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IS SCRAPBLOG THEM. YOU CAN PIC THEMES ALREADY DONE - THERE WAS A COOL ONE DONE IN ITALY I THINK YOU COULD JUST ADD YOUR PICTURES AND USE SOME OF HER IDEAS. BUT YOU COULD ALSO DO MASS PRODUCTION AND USE THE SAME LAYOUT FOR MANY PICTURES, OR DO THE SAME THINK YOUR FRIEND DID ON HERS WITH JUST THE PICTURES - ALL ON SCRAPBLOG TOO. YOU WOULD JUST UPLOAD YOUR PICTURES AND DRAG THEM TO THE BLANK PAGE AND MAKE THEM BIGGER OR SMALLER AND ARRANGE. I CAN GIVE YOU AN OVER THE PHONE TUTORIAL IF YOU WOULD LIKE A 411. :)

jeff and alli said...

Who could resist some good nibbles?

I imagine he thought that was a pretty fun activity and nice home teachers.