Friday, October 9, 2009

It's A Little......

GIRL!

 
I was right!  We are so incredibly excited that we will soon have a precious little girl in our home! They said that she is looks absolutely perfect and that she is quite the gymnast in there! It took the lady forever to get her to open up her legs and I had to do all sorts of rolling over, sitting up and such to get her to budge those legs! When she told us that we are having a little girl, I was just trying not to cry as best I could while Justin asks, " So, like...how sure are you? Like 90% sure?"  (This meaning.. "is there still any chance it could be a boy?") She told us that in her 10 years of doing ultrasounds she has never been wrong before and that she definitely doesn't think we will be her first :) Justin is so excited for a girl as well and I'm pretty sure she will have him wrapped around her pretty little finger! I have to go back for another ultrasound soon to check up on something that doesn't look right with the placenta, but the doctor assured me that it is nothing to worry about, just something they should take a closer look at. I most definitely don't mind getting to see our little girl again, that's for sure!!
    As far as how I am, I'm feeling fabulous! I have gained 5 lbs so far and am measuring right on track. I think by this time with Ethan I had gained 8lbs. My goal for this pregnancy is to keep on the same weight gain schedule that I was with Ethan and so I'm not too far behind! This makes me very happy and more willing to go out for ice cream tonight :) Oh how excited I am to learn to sew little girl dresses and make little bows, headbands, etc. and oh the possibilities on decorating a nursery! We are so grateful that Heavenly Father has entrusted us with one of his precious daughters and we can't wait to meet her! 


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knew It!! Congrats!!! They are so much fun!!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

OH YAY!
I am so happy for y'all!
Little AZ girls are so cute!

Gooch Family said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited you get to have a girl! You are going to love it! Congrats!!

Crowley Family said...

Congrat!! We're so happy for you guys! Girls are fun!

Marin said...

yeeeahhhh CONGRATS!!! Oh we are so excited for you! It seems like everyone is having the opposite sex from their first! How FUN!! I am sure excited to be having a girl also so I can dress her up!!

Josh and Laura said...

Congrats!!! Girls are the best! I'm so happy for you!

Mama's Makin's said...

First Congrats! I love girls! Happy for you!

Second 5 lbs. Seriously I can eat a cheesecake and gain that much. Serisously - I was something like 26 weeks along when my doctor said I already gained all the weight that I needed to for the pregnancy. yeah, nice.

Alicia and Jeff said...

Yay! She's going to be so pretty!

Britni said...

Aww how fun!! I'm sure Ethan will love having a cute little sister :)

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

That is awesome! Congrats!!!!!!

Jamie said...

congrats! It will be so fun - ethan will love her and will learn how to be a gentalman and how you are supposed to treat girls - boys with little sisters are the cutest!

jeff and alli said...

congrats. I'm so excited that she is looking healthy and strong for you guys.

Amy said...

Congratulations, Ashleigh! You two are going to make a beautiful little girl :)

Ashley Smith said...

congratulations!!! So fun! She will be beautiful!

Shannon said...

Ashleigh that is so exciting!! A little sister for Ethan.

I am so so so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

By the way, since a while ago our plans were for Adalie to just marry Eathen I would say the same about these two and just keeping it in the family lol but chances are your little girl is going to be much taller than our little boy hahaha

Oriens said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!
She is going to take after her mom and be beautiful!

HolliJo said...

Congratulations! That is soo exciting!

Rollins Family said...

Ashley

I am so happy we found your blog! I am going to start updating mine more regularly. Congrats on finding out you are having a girl.