Yesterday, these lovely ladies (and some husbands) and I ran the Frank Kush 5K race in Tempe, AZ. This was my first actual "race" to do and it was a blast! All these girls are in our ward and let me tell ya, it is so nice to have people to talk to while running long distance! These girls are great motivation to get out and run! I have been running with them for the past few months (don't worry, I was running before I was pregnant so it's ok, I promise) and I am so sad that I will now most likely have to stop running with them while they go on and train for the Turkey Trot 10K in November and Half Marathon in January. Ever since I stopped playing hard core sports after high school, my knees haven't quite been up to par and pregnancy just seems to make them hurt worse so alas, running-I bid you farewell. I am now moving on to morning elliptical, cycling classes, toning and water aerobics. I will see you again in about 5 months. Please be good and help me lose the baby weight when I return :)
Here is our post race shot...
Lisa, Alison, Stephanie and I
Post race shot with Alison's husband, Mike and Stephanie's husband, Brett included in the pic. Cool fact: These two girls are sisters and both of them have one set (so far) of identical twins!
We did it!
Thanks guys for such a fun time! I hope to do the 10K and 1/2 marathon with y'all next year!
8 comments:
Hey, that's Alison and Stephanie Tayrien!! (maiden name) They were in my stake growing up--super sweet girls. Are they in your ward? That's cool that you know them!
fun pictures! :) fun time :~)
those are POST pictures! Y'all look like this is before the race started! good job!
good for you! i want to run a 5k or longer but they seem to always be on Sundays here and that doesn't work for me. You look great by the way.
i was so lucky to find your blog where i found some one who has feedback about tot collar . my littlle daughter is 3 months now she is taking pt since two and half month i would like to ask you about if possible to use it with her and does it solve the problem . is torticollis corrected or it has some effects on the child plz answer me this is my email
m81amr@yahoo.com
m81amr@gmail.com
plz answer me
i need yr advice
thanks
ahsley! i haven't commented in a while but just wanted to say hi! so happy about your second one on the way! exciting! you all look so great, and your baby is seriously the handsomest guy i have ever seen!!!!
take care!
Way to go on running a 5k! You look great, healthy and fit. =)
Yay for you, keeping up running after going through "pelvic rest" at the beginning of the pregnancy! Inspiring!! :)
Post a Comment