Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pictures From the Last Few Weeks

As I was looking through our most recent pictures, I realized I have a lot of cute pictures that I haven't posted from the last few weeks that aren't necessarily of anything in particular but just of normal everyday life. Most of these pictures are from our time we spent in Mexico this month. Justin had to go down for work for a couple weeks and so Ethan and I packed up and went with him. It's always fun to travel with Justin when we can. We still have our apartment fully furnished from when we lived there and so when we go down it's awesome because Ethan and I aren't stuck in a hotel room the whole day. We have parks, pools and neighbors to keep us entertained!

I know I've said it before but Ethan LOVES his daddy! When Daddy comes home from work, it is pure playtime between him and Ethan and they definitely get their rough and tumble play time in. Ethan just eats it up! Can you tell?
  
This picture below has a pretty funny story to go with it. We saw that we had ants in our apt and they were entering from a weird corner at the top of the wall in the living room. So I got out my trusty Raid and sprayed them at their entering point. I noticed that they were going behind our clock on the wall as well so I decided to move the clock and spray behind there as well. As I did so, a HUGE gecko jumped out from behind the clock and flipped and turned, and lost its nasty twitching tail in the air as it landed on the ground. I don't do so well with lizards, geckos, or any kind of amphibians at that and so I screamed and did a little dance to stand on the nearest chair to me. Justin came running out of the room thinking I had surely just been shot at or something and saw me on top of the chair begging him to kill the "disgusting thing." So long story short, I made him tear our whole living room apart trying to find and kill the gecko but then at the end I decided that I didnt want to have to see its guts and so it would be better not to kill it. As Justin very strategically got the gecko near the door to shoo him out, he ended up accidently smashing it opening the door. Shucks. But don't worry, Justin was a good husband and cleaned up the guts so I didn't have to. What a man, eh?!
This picture is of Ethan devouring some Mac and Cheese. I don't really give him Mac & Cheese all that often so whenever I do he can't get enough! He is so funny and will start out eating it calmly with his fork/spoon but after a few bites he realizes that he can't satisfy his appetite fast enough with utensils getting in the way so he drops his silverware and uses his bare hands to shovel in the Mac &Cheese as fast as he can. Seriously, he shovels it in. He knows that he cant have seconds (or thirds) without eating all of his veggies first and I have never seen him happily eat them as fast as he does. It's pretty funny.

I just noticed that Ethan is not dressed in most of these pictures. Oh well, that's pretty much everyday life for him in our house. Why dirty clothes if we don't have to, right?!
We went to this really cool restaurant in Culiacan with iguanas everywhere and these cool bunny rabbits. This definitely wouldn't fly in the states but sometimes I'm glad they don't have some sort of health code for restaurants in Mexico...Ethan sure enjoyed playing there! 
Ethan decided to stretch out his legs on a stop on our way back up to Phoenix. Isn't he a cutie?! He is such a trooper to travel everywhere with us but I guess he doesn't really know any different since he has been doing it since birth!

That's all for now. Hopefully I can get up some videos and San Diego pictures from this last week before we leave for the east coast on Monday! Thanks for all of your comments about our upcoming trip to DC/NY. They were all so helpful and we are so excited!

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

LOVE love the picture in the carseat best! I made Dustin do a similar thing with some little tiny gecko or something found in our bathroom. ;) He caught it in a baggie. I was like take it FAR from our house and let it go so it doesn't come back! :) fun times. :)

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I loved your comment about no clothes. Y'all are sure having fun. I love hearing about all your adventures :)