Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Other Americans!!

So the only other Americans we have seen here in Culiacan, is the Wright Family and they just happen to live in the same neighborhood as us! The parents, Erin and Jason, play for the orchestra here and they have 2 kids, Nate (4 or 5?) and Clara (2). At least 3 times a week, we get together and let the kids play at each other houses while we speak much needed English to each other (I will have to admit that it is quite refreshing for me!). Both the kids speak both Spanish and English fluently (as well as the parents) and are both such cute, good kids! I finally remembered to snap a few pics this time of the kids playing.


Clara, Ethan, & Nate. They had so much fun playing at our house this time and Ethan was actually willing to share his toys-this was a shocker!

Ethan sticking his head out of the castle window

All 3 kids playing inside the castle


Ethan has been doing this very cheesy grin lately to everyone. We say " Ethan, say 'Hola!' to someone and he gives them this very fake, strained little grin of his. He seriously does it to everyone, it's pretty funny...Thanks Aunt Caryn for teaching him it! :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

so fun to see all that is going on with you. I wish it could be me and you having play dates!! But perhaps in the future. love ya!

jeff and alli said...

I'm glad that you have some friends that share your native tongue, it can be refreshing. And glad he is sharing his toys, not always easy.

Marielle said...

I can't believe how big Ethan is! He seems like such a fun boy. I loved catching up on your happenings as always. Those videos are great. That sleeping one is priceless! We're still doing well out here in Buffalo. Glad to see you have some English speaking friends as part of your adventure! Take care. Marielle

Caryn said...

Haha. I am happy to have taught him that, because he is SOO CUTE!!!