Friday, February 27, 2009

Campamento!

We had Stake Young Women's Camp this last weekend! I've never heard of this being done in the middle of February before, but considering how sweltering hot and mosquito infested it is here starting in March, I'm sure glad we had it now! We arrived at camp Friday night and had fun setting up the tents, playing games, singing camp songs, and staying up way too late! I actually was brave enough to bring Ethan to camp with us... well, really I had no other choice but to bring him. Justin was out of town that weekend which meant either I go with Ethan or not go at all. So I took my chances and took him! He actaully did great! He went to bed on time and slept through the night being my cuddle buddy, which I loved! Although Ethan did great, I told Justin that he needs to be home to take care of him next time. It was a lot of work making sure he wasnt playing in the bathrooms (see picture below as to why I didnt want him to play in there), keep him from being attacked by a rooster, keep him from strangling a poor puppy to death, and making sure he doesn't jump into the fire. By the end of it, I was exhausted but had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures from camp...


Me and the young women

Ethan was fascinated with the smoke left over from the fire he tried to kill himself in



And last but not least.....
The Bathroom!!



I still cant believe I actually used this bathroom! I guess I should feel lucky that there even was a toilet. Dont worry, I Germ-Xed it up after since there was no hand washing station. Oh the joys of camping in Mexico!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow,Ashleigh! You deserve a metal for that. I've never had to camp with the young women, or actually ever! You're so brave. :)

Shannon said...

Ohhh that bathroom is so gross!! I'd rather go outside... good for you!

Jill said...

ummm...I'M SO GLAD YOU FOUND MY BLOG! And now I'm glad that I have yours to look at too! What part of mexico are you in?You're still as gorgeous as ever and Ethan is getting cuter by the day! Seriously! p.s. that toilet is disgusting!