Yep... Ethan's got infections in both of his ears. He never had ear infections until he hit about 1 year old and has had it 3 times since then. I guess I didnt quite realize how super lucky I was being ear infection free for the whole first year! He developed a pretty bad ear infection over the Christmas holidays and even after the antibiotics, he would still dig his finger in and pull on the ear. Because he was still happy and not running any fever I thought it would just pass and well... it didnt. It got worse. Today he started running a fever of 102 and was super sensitive the whole day, he would just cry and cry over nothing. After a few hours of this high fever (even after motrin) I decided that it was time to see the doctor. Luckily he could see us right away and easily confirmed my theory. The doctor told me that they are both very infected, one being worse than the other, and that there is puss, swelling, redness, you name it. So he loaded us up with antibiotics and we hope that our little buddy wont have to suffer anymore. I had no idea that it was that bad though because he has always been so good and was never too fussy (except for today). Poor little guy!
On a side note I just want to say how grateful I am for insurance. How have I come to realize this you might ask?? It's because our insurance doesnt cover a thing down here in Mexico (im not sure any insurance would) and so we have to pay for everything out of our pockets! We just spent about $150 bucks for the appointment and medication today, and we had to pay about $700 bucks for my misscarriage and $70 for each appointment with the OBGYN! Ouch!
Through living here, I have come to appreciate so much more just how lucky we are in the states and how easy it is to take those blessings we have for granted! I love the good ole USA!
2 comments:
so sad about the ear infections! I am too grateful we have not dealt with them much around here...they are a pain for little ones and moms.
and crazy about the insurance. we have great insurance through Jake's work that pays 100% so I always feel blessed not to pay co-pays...
Hope your little man recovers quickly, that is too bad. Sounds like he has been trooper lasting so long.
And sorry about the insurance. We are lucky here.
Post a Comment