Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mexicans Love to Party!

It's true, the Mexicans love to find any excuse to throw a party and I love being invited to them! My next door neighbor, Cristina, has a little boy (Kahia) who just turned 1 year old on Saturday. Now birthday parties here are not quite like our parties in the states, in fact, they make our parties look pretty lame. There was tons of yummy food (as in a full course meal), playing, toys, pinata, etc. for the kids and the adults. The day before the party, Cristina invited us to go over to her parents house to help decorate and play. Here are some pictures of the kids playing in the backyard....

And of course I had to add some cute ones of Ethan in as well...




The next day was the big fiesta...

Cristina, Kahia, and us.. isnt his costume cute?? The party was themed from the tv show The Backyardigans.

What's a party in Mexico without a pinata??

This is Ethan being terrified of the pinata. The harder they hit it, the harder he cried. It was pretty funny actually. He never is scared of the pinata, in fact he plays with it, until they start hitting it. I wonder if he thinks it's a real person or animal and that they are hurting it by hitting it and therefore that makes him sad? Anyone know?

Me and my good friend and neighbor, Ana. She has 2 little boys and we love having play dates together. She is an absolute sweetheart!


All the moms and the kids!
It was a lot of fun but I'm not about to go through all that stress for one of Ethan's birthday parties. After all, we are Americans and therefore don't have to live up to the expectation, right? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the last part! Mali Su's 1st bday was on the same Sunday as the Super bowl so I just made it one deal... she didn't know the difference :)

but I LOVE your top! you look gorgeous!

Emily said...

what a fun fiesta! You look so pretty! Is your hair curlier down there? It is so cute. That pinata looks so fun! I love pinatas! Poor Ethan! Hopefully the candy he got out of it made him feel better!