Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Eventful Day at Sams Club

This funny experience at Sams Club happened about a week ago in AZ and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to blog about it. Ethan was super fussy at home and nothing we did could make him stop crying, so we, my mother-in-law and I, took him for a ride in the car to Sams Club. He was super happy there running around and touching everything he could. We were walking down one aisle and Ethan was walking a little behind me holding my hand when all of a sudden he slipped on something. I looked down and realized that he slipped in some kids throw up! Sick! I actaully thought to myself "Gross! What kind of mother would just leave their kids throw up there with out asking somebody to clean it up!" As I went to pick up Ethan I noticed that there was throw up all over his clothes, shoes, socks, everything. At first I was pretty confused about how that throw up ended up all over him but then I noticed that he also had it all over his mouth! It was Ethan's throw up! We quickly got help to come help us clean and mop up the nasty mess and his clothes were beyond the ability to keep wearing and smelled terrible, so I stripped him of all his clothes and let him be free in his diaper. After a few comments from other shoppers about where his clothes were, I gave him my white sweater to wear, as pictured below.....

He was very happy and obviously didnt care as much as I did about the lack of clothes. I dont know what he had eaten that made him throw up but he was sick the whole rest of the day as well.

Through this funny experience I realized just how much love a mother has for her children. I've decided that it's a different kind of love than that of a spouse. For example, as much as I love Justin, I would in no way, shape or form stick my hand under his mouth to catch his throw up or let him bury his head into my new white sweater with throw up all over his mouth just to comfort him, nor would I clean up all of his throw up all over the ground, couches, etc and not even think once about how disgusting it is. There is a strong love that is between a mother and child that I cant quite describe but I love how it brings some unselfishness out of me! Anyways, I thought you might enjoy hearing about our eventful day in Sams Club!

7 comments:

Breanne King said...

Oh gosh I hope I feel the same way you do about my kids barf. Gross.

Anonymous said...

I never thought that way about the love of a mom and the love of a wife! you are such a great person that I learn so much from!

Oriens said...

Oh THAT is a GOOD story! =)

jeff and alli said...

Oh yuck! Rees had a similar experience, but in our car. I miss the spit up from the 'old' days when they were new, not nearly as gross. I can only imagine the looks and comments from people that didn't know what was going on, I've had a good many of those.

Anonymous said...

haha!! Gross and true! LoL

chalene said...

lol!!!!! I remember that at home when he was sick ALL day!!!!!

Karen said...

Oh, I always feel so bad when they throw up. When (my) Ethan was 11 months old, I heard him moaning in the night. It wasn't enough to really wake me up and get me up to check on him, because he stopped. The next morning there was old throw up in his crib. I felt so bad. I wished that I had been there to comfort him and clean him up. They're so helpless and don't understand what's going on. It's just so sad to me.