So for those of you who don't know (which I think is all of you), I had another miscarriage this week. Bummer. This makes 2 in 5 months. Unlike the last pregnancy, I had no idea this one was coming. With my first miscarriage, I never felt any signs of pregnancy throughout the whole first 2 months. I knew that that wasn't normal but was just hoping that I was one of the "lucky" ones to feel great in my first trimester. So when I starting miscarrying, I wasnt too surprised. I was sad of course, but not surprised. With this last pregnancy, however, I felt all the signs of pregnancy and was nausiated a lot during it. I thought that this was a good sign and got my hopes up! I even made it to the 10 week mark and was relieved that I only had 2 more weeks to go to get into the "safe" zone. Unfortunately, I couldnt keep the baby. On our way home from AZ, I started bleeding and knew what was coming since I had been through it before. Once we arrived to Cuiliacan, we rushed over to my doctors office there and he took good care of me. (I had already lost the baby by this time). He performed an ultrasound and found that there was still some tissue left in there. So he performed a mini D&C on me and extracted a lot of tissue using a syringe. So anyways, he has been having me come into the office every other day to make sure the tissue is decreasing and that there is no infection, hopefully this coming Tuesday will be my last day. We have talked to him about our concern with having 2 miscarriages in a row and our chances of having a third, and he has taken some tissue sample and blood test to run an analysis on it to see what he can find out. Dont worry, we dont think anything is seriously wrong!
So, Im not writing about my experience with having miscarriages for everyone to feel sorry for me ( there are some people out there who go through trials that I cannot even fathom) but I simply want to try to help someone out there who may be having a tough time going through the same thing or another difficult trial. I have felt strongly that one of the reasons why I am going through this right now is so that sometime in my life (either now or later), I can maybe help other women who experience the difficulties of having miscarriages. I think when a woman finds out she is pregnant, she feels an instant bond to that tiny life growing inside of her, and to lose it is very painful and tough to go through. I always had the fear of having miscarriages or of infertility issues before I had Ethan, but I never would have thought it might be a problem after. After I had Ethan I thought, "Oh this is great! We can have each kid 1/12 to 2 years apart, stop when we get to 8 or 9 kids and by that time, I wont even be 40! Perfect!" I have found out however, that our "perfect" plan of life does not always follow the Lord's perfect plan for us, and I know that His plan is perfect, not ours. I know that we will recieve all the precious little children the Lord has for us in due time- I just have to learn how to be patient!
I know that those of us who are searching for peace and comfort during hard times, can find it through prayer and through our Savior. He has felt all the pain that we feel and He understands more than anyone what you might be going through. I know that we can feel so much strength from others' faithful prayers and that there is so much hope and joy in this life on earth! I feel so lucky to have the wonderful little boy that I have and plan on enjoying the one on one time that I have with him now, because I know that it wont always be that way! Im so grateful for my supportive husband who has been there through everything with me and who never has a negative thing to say. I am grateful for his positive outlook on life, how he always looks on the bright side of things. He has taught me so much! Well, I feel as if I am not the most articulate writer there is and I can never quite write how I want to say things, but I hope that I have helped someone out there who might be reading this. I hope I have helped them feel that their Savior loves them very much and again that you can always find peace and comfort through Him.
But, all in all, we are doing great and are loving life! We feel as if all the experiences we have had together has made us stronger and we are grateful for them. We have complete trust in our Heavenly Father and know that He knows what is best for us and hopefully I wont be having to make any more of these miscarriage announcements anytime soon, eh?! Luckily, Im still young and have lots of child-bearing years ahead of me! Thanks for reading if you have read this far and look for more post to come on our awesome Thanksgiving holiday in AZ!
13 comments:
I'm glad you posted this Ash. I know a lot of women wish they had somebody to talk to and it's always nice to know somebody's going through a similar situation. I know God always has a plan for us though- even though some trials are really rough. Thanks for being such a rock.
Thank you for sharing something so personal. I am too grateful for you to have such a wonderful and supportive husband and a sweet little boy in your life.
Thanks so much for sharing. One of our friends just had a miscarriage and I wonder if she read your blog since the title is posted on our blog list. I remember before I had Carden I too had a miscarriage (it was so early that they don't even call it a miscarriage) but it was still hard. We just have to have faith and trust in the Lord. Thanks for your sweet testimony.
You're example is amazing! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us all!
Well, I am sorry for your loss, but so glad that you have the Gospel that helps you have the positive perspective that you have.
It was odd reading this, because I too had another miscarriage, and feel much like you, though I feel you worded it better.
I hope third time will be the charm. :)
Ashley, thanks for sharing! You are such a strong woman with a lot of faith. I am sure many women look to your example.
Thanks for being such an example Ashleigh. I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriages. You are an inspiration to me though. I too trust that the Lord knows what we need and He will help us and things always turn out as they should if we are faithful. Thanks for sharing such a personal thing on here. On a side note, we are going to send out Christmas cards, could you email me your address by chance? Thanks!--Katie
Aww I'm really sorry Ashleigh. You're right though, trials are hard when you're going through them but they make you stronger in the end. At least you've got an adorable little boy and wonderful husband to help you get through it.
I can't imagine what that must feel like. It sounds like you have a great perspective about it all. I hope you can get a little sibling for Ethan soon though, if it's in the plan.
Ashleigh, your words are how I feel as well. I agree that the Lord gives us experiences so that we can help and build others who go through hard times. I'm sorry that you went through the painful process of miscarrying again. Your strength is wonderful. I hope you're feeling well.
thanks for your posts, they always seem to lift me. there are alot of people that have blogs that are fun to read, but I am always drawn to yours first because I think I come away with different thoughts, I come away feeling good and wanting to be better. Thanks for your example. You are a great friend!
Oh Ashleigh I'm SO sorry you have to go through this! I really love your amazing perspective on everything though. I too echo your testimony that the Lord does take care of us and knows what we need and will provide, in His time. "Plans" are funny though aren't they? They never seem to work out how we plan and then we go through like 20 of them before we finally get the one the Lord really intended for us. haha. Btw, I also LOVE your amazing perspective on loving Ethan's melt downs and defiant toddler stage.....I wish I could say the same but I'm so frustrated...and now terrified for this new baby to come when Lukas will only be 18 months old! I hope I can learn from your example! Love you!
Ash, I'm so glad you posted this. I feel I am definitely one of those people that needed to hear it, as Mitch and I just went through the same thing. It isn't just the physical pain of it but the emotional pain as well. It is hard to explain the bonds that form even when you're in the first trimester. Thank you so much for your encouraging words; this is one of the hardest things we've been through. No one ever talks about things it though, so again thank you for this post.
Post a Comment