Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ethan Update!

Ethan is coming up on his 17 month mark and I figured its about time for an update on our little guy. This last week, he had his 18 month check up (because we live out of the country, the doctor made an exception for us to come in early for the appt while we are here). It went really well and Ethan weighed in at a whopping 22lbs and is 32 in tall. He is still kind of a little guy but the doctor had no worries! He is now done with all of his shots until he is 2 years old and he is very excited about that! He has almost all of his teeth in (except his 2 yr molars) with his 4 vampire teeth (eye teeth?) making their way down as we speak. He is sure a little jabberer! He talks gibberish all day long and occasionally throws in a few "real" words that we can actually understand. It is fun seeing and hearing him try to repeat everything we say. Some of his new words are:

-"Bampa!"- this is the word for both grandma and grandpa
-"Nigh nigh"- or night night. This is usually followed with him reaching out for his crib.
-"Yeah!" -He says this with tons of emotion after any question we ask him.
- "Pay"- or "prayer". He is so cute with saying prayer. He will say "Pay" , fold his arms and then kneel down on the floor. Of course he doesn't close his eyes quite yet but he does bow his head and look up at you with those big eyes- it melts my heart every time!
-"Oh yeah!"- I crack up every time he says this! Our morning wake up call goes like this: Ethan playing in crib "Momma.....pause....Daddy...pause.. OUT!.... I come in the room, "Ethan do you want to get out?" Ethan: "Oh Yeah!"....... I love it!
"Poo poo"- He is starting to recognize that he is a little uncomfortable in a poopy diaper. Before and after he goes #2, he will hit his diaper and say very loudly,"poo poo, poo poo" over and over. I would say, "oh yay, potty training time!" but he says this anytime he passes gas too. So I figure he isn't ready and neither am I. I'm in no hurry :) It's pretty funny when he does this in public though. "Poopy" is definitely not one of those toddler words that only the mommy knows what it means. Pretty sure everyone can understand what he says and usually everyone thinks its pretty funny.

Well, I think that's all I can think of for now. I have loved every stage he has gone through and absolutely love this little defiant toddler stage too! Everyday he usually gives us at least one public melt down, but I don't even mind! I know that that is our job to teach our children how to best handle their emotions in appropriate ways and to show them our love for them! I love being a mother and I think my love for our little boy has grown so much as he has grown! I think I have the best job on earth!

Here is our Christmas card picture! I actually don't have a good, recent picture of just Ethan, so you get the whole family instead!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! can you believe its been 18 mths already?? wow right? Adalie just had hers yesterday too and got a flu shot... ouch! She is 21 lbs and 29 3/4 tall. They are so fun at this age! I am lovin' it!

jeff and alli said...

I think a full family picture is better anyhow. Ethan sounds like such a cutie and you sound like a great mom.

Britni said...

So I'm obviously out of date but where are you guys living now? Out of the country means where??

chalene said...

ash, I love your family picture!(I made Ethan really happy just by playing peek-a-boo!LOL!)