Sunday, February 20, 2011

Look Grandma! Fireworks!

I just have to blog about this before I forget it.

While we were gone in Cancun on our little getaway this last December, I was doing my daily check-in with Grandma Smith to ask her a billion questions about the kids, ask about their dietary habits, to make sure they are still alive etc. (I'm not the only mom that does this, right? :) She told me of how Ethan came running down the stairs that day and said, "Grandma! Grandma! Come see the fireworks!!" I'm sure she was very curious as to what he was talking about so she followed him upstairs to find that he had CUT, with SCISSORS a PLUGGED-IN straightening iron and was seeing "fireworks" as he was happily chopping through the cord. It blew a whole in the scissors and I think blew a few plugs in the upstairs area. I think they had a LONG talk about how "Scissors don't cut cords, only paper." Or at least, that is what Ethan told me. I think we felt very grateful that this lucky little boy is still alive.

So anyways, I walk into Grandma and Grandpa Chapman's house today and I saw this picture up on their fridge...
And although what he did should probably be no laughing matter, I couldn't help myself and laughed right out loud! He is holding the scissors and the straightener that he cut. Isn't this picture hilarious? It totally looks like a mug shot with the evidence in his hands and as if he is trying to say, "I didn't do it!"

I sure love this little mischievous boy and I am SO glad that he is still around to brighten our days!

1 comment:

The Gladdens said...

Wow, what a scary story to hear about!