Today I saw a very obese man out on the floor with a personal trainer sweating bullets and struggling with a moderate weight exercise. He pushed through everytime and finished. I was brought to tears while watching him go from one exercise to another and I just thought of what an inspiration he is. I was listening to Miley Cyrus' song "The Climb" at the time, which probably didnt help to subside the tears :) I've never been obese (chubby, but not obese:) but I can imagine that it is so hard for them to find the motivation to choose to do something like that which must be physically so hard for them. I haven't watched Biggest Loser in a long time but I watched one season long ago and I probably cried every episode at how dedicated those people were to changing their lifestyle and how unbelievably happy and proud they were of themselves once they did.
Kudos to those people like that man I saw. To me, they are more of an inspiration than a multi marathon runner, an ironman or a triathlete. I hope that I can keep pushing through hard things that come my way as well.
See how much you can learn by people watching :)
1 comment:
How awesome! That is why I love Biggest Loser. I would cry every episode as well, Dave would always laugh at me.
Post a Comment