Sunday, December 12, 2010

We went to....

Cancun!

Oh how I love this place! Justin did an amazing job at keeping this a surprise and I had no idea where we were going until we got to our gate in Miami.

When we go to a new place, we kinda have a tendency to go out and see the sites and we stay pretty busy hopping from one activity to another, but I was so glad he chose Cancun because we have already been here together and didn't fee like we had to get out and see things. We saw a lot the first time, so we just enjoyed relaxing!

We stayed in Playa del Carmen at the Iberostar Tucan Resort. It was all-inclusive and this resort was absolutely amazing! Please see the proof below...

The beach. It was perfect. No big waves, white sand, beautiful blue water, and perfect water temperature!
The resort lets you take out kayaks for free and we had a lot of fun doing that. For some reason, I get a little nervous being out in very deep water so Justin had to promise me that he wouldn't flip us. I think my sense of adventure left when we had kids :)
The pool. It was sure beautiful but we preferred swimming in the ocean.
This resort was as if they took it and just placed it in the middle of a jungle. I was amazed at how well they had managed to preserve a lot of the jungle. There were toucans, peacocks, monkeys, turtles of all sizes, flamingos, other weird birds, swans, waterfalls, huge fish, some huge hampster looking creatures, and some badger animasl that we don't remember the names of and they just roamed the property freely.
We had to walk through the jungle to get from place to place inside the resort.

The fish








Impressive, right?
We spent time at the beach, played sand volleyball, ping-pong and tennis, and we ate... a lot...
I knew I was in trouble when I found out they had ice cream :) The food was so good. Luckily, I think we exercised some of it off.

We couldn't help ourselves and did a one day activity while we were there. We rented a cheap-o car and drove to some ruins at Coba. Last time we went, we saw the ruins at Tulum and Chichen-Itza, so we thought we would go to some smaller ruins. These were really cool and we loved that we could climb all over them. This civilization has only had a tenth of it uncovered too!

This is the main common area
The church is below
The infamous ball court
We rented bicycles and rode from one ruin to another. If you go here, I would totally recommend doing this. It was so fun and cheap!

Sorry babe, I thought this was a cute picture :)

The Temple- pretty impressive
The view from the top of the temple. Beautiful. It made me a little queasy to look down so I made Justin pose for this one. Again, I think my rock-hard stomach left when I had kids too :)
If you squint, you can see me posing on my way down..

We had such a great time and it was so nice to get away for a second honeymoon. This was actually the first trip, since our honeymoon, that Justin and I have gone somewhere where it was just us. No kids, no family (no offense!), but just us and it was so wonderful! It's good to do that every once in a while.

I'm so lucky to have such a great husband that planned this whole trip for us and was cute enough to keep it a surprise :) Love you Justin!

4 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

awww. I am glad that you had such a great time! You deserve it! :) Both of you!

The Gladdens said...

Looks like tons of fun. You are also SO lucky to have a great family who takes care of the kiddos while you go on trips!!

Heather Dayton said...

I'm so glad you posted on my blog & let me know what you did. :) What an awesome husband you have to plan it all & surprise you! It looks like you had so much fun!!! I bet it was hard but also relaxing to be away from your kids. You look GREAT in all the pictures! I definitely know what you mean about being nervous about so many more things after having children.

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

So jealous!!!!!!!!!!!